• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Dreger said maybe he's trying to light a fire under Reimer for the big game tonight with Tampa?

My own feeling is that he knows his team is crap defensively, but he's laying the blame on Reimer cause its easy to do. Bernier will be the starter again soon. Get the media talking Reimer and distract from the defensive issues that guys like Gleason had last night.

It was meant to insult Reimer. I raised an eyebrow the moment I heard it.

If he had just said "he was ok" It would be fine, but then he repeated and clarified "he was just ok"

The Leafs gave up 2 breakaway goals and a 2 on 1, Reimer was not the reason they lost that game.

Reimer, and Bernier for that matter have faced an ungodly number of shots this year. Without solid performances from them, the playoffs are not even a conversation. The comment was not necessary, especially towards Reimer who has been nothing but a good soldier for the organization. If the coach wants to throw someone under the bus, toss Clarkson.

The coach said Reimer was just okay because he was just okay.

Are we really at the point where the coach can't say a player was just okay without an agent piping up to whine about it?

Are we really at the point where the coach can't say a player was just okay without an agent piping up to whine about it?

yes

as price vs halak (walsh) determined

The agent should not have said anything. However, Carlyle shouldn't have either.

Im cheering Tampa tonight. :smilewinkgrin: I dont care if we end in third. We played a pretty good roll on eliminating one Ontario team.. maybe we can now work on the other one

The agent should not have said anything. However, Carlyle shouldn't have either.

Shouldn't have given an honest assessment of his goaltender when asked by a member of the media? Why?

"Just okay" is not particularly scathing.

Im cheering Tampa tonight. :smilewinkgrin: I dont care if we end in third. We played a pretty good roll on eliminating one Ontario team.. maybe we can now work on the other one

I'm cheering for regulation. I think if I had to pick, I'd likely pick Tampa to win, since I hate the Leafs and would rather solidify the matchup with Tampa. But I won't be crushed to see the Leafs win (in regulation).

Shouldn't have given an honest assessment of his goaltender when asked by a member of the media? Why?

"Just okay" is not particularly scathing.

You can simplify it all you want. He made a point to say it twice, Reimer was obviously offended and so was his agent.

It is unusual to toss a player under the bus in today's NHL. I am not saying that a coach should not be able to, but times have changed, as you can see by the reaction it is getting.

You can simplify it all you want. He made a point to say it twice, Reimer was obviously offended and so was his agent.

It is unusual to toss a player under the bus in today's NHL. I am not saying that a coach should not be able to, but times have changed, as you can see by the reaction it is getting.

If you're an NHL goaltender and are offended by a coach saying you were "just okay" one night, you need to toughen up, IMO.

If you're an NHL goaltender and are offended by a coach saying you were "just okay" one night, you need to toughen up, IMO.

I agree, But the Habs dont have that problem ;)

Our goalie just tells everyone to chill :lol

So everyone is just supposed to remain quiet and be be a nice polite proper little lady?

The agent made it worse and Carlyle was being a douche by picking on a kid who has been great for them. He also made some pretty amazing saves in that game. There are other guys that should be on deck to be shit on before him.

This market freaks when MT says anything about PK. This is not unbroken ground.

A Tampa win is probably better for us as it would allow us to move up 5 on the Leafs with a win tomorrow. That would put us 5 ahead with 11 games to go.

Back