• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

I just saw the Pens-Flyers highlights and... Oh man, you can't write this any better.

Three PUTRID goals by Fleury.

Boy oh boy...

The OT goal was one of the worst goals I've seen.

If Price let one like that in everyone would lose their shit.

Speaking of bad goalies,

looks like Roland Melanson's been working his magic with Jacob Markstrom.

I wonder if Pierre Groulx will do a radio interview in British-Columbia and say, "Well, you know, not to take anything away from Rollie, but if I was the coach for the Canucks, I'd actually be able to take Markstrom up to the next step of actually looking NHL caliber. Rollie doesn't seem to be able to do that. But I know I could!"

This Boston will lose to Detroit thing is ridiculous. While it might happen, saying it with certainty is asinine.

NHL officiating is a complete joke. In a post whistle scrum Lucic punched D'Agostini in the face an gets 2 minutes... as he's skating off his pushes D'Agostini to the ice from behind and doesn't get an extra 2... okay not biggie, but it should have been another 2.

Then after Lucic gets out of the box John Scott skates up to him and Lucic punches him in the face with his stick still in his hand and cuts Scott. Meanwhile Scott never threw a punch. They give Scott 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 minutes for roughing and a 10 minute misconduct. Lucic get's nothing. They did give Chara a penalty for jumping Scott on the play though.

Then McCabe gets 5 and a game for this perfectly clean hit.

[video=youtube;T3tthBrsbEg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3tthBrsbEg[/video]

5 and a game for what? A perfectly legal hit where the victim didn't even get caught with his head down? If this hit is illegal then we may as well ban all contact from the sport because nothing is okay anymore. The only reason this was conjured into a penalty by the refs is because of the outcome. If Paille isn't concussed and just gets up and carries on this isn't even a whistle. But this bush league doesn't punish intent, only the result. So if you get some asshat like Carcillo who intended to injure Gallagher but failed, there's no penalty. But if you injure someone like Paille (who has already been concussed twice this season and for some reason is deemed fit to play) with a clean hit, then it is a penalty. And you know that if the roles were reversed and it was a Sabres player laid out the roar of the crowd would have been deafening. They love that stuff in Boston. That is, they love it when the Bruins dish it out. They're not quite as enthusiastic when they're taking it.

Oh how I miss the days when this sport was played by men and clean hits were seen as clean rather than just as invitations for retaliation.

This Boston will lose to Detroit thing is ridiculous. While it might happen, saying it with certainty is asinine.

Exactly. I hate the Bruins as much as anyone else here but give the devil his due. The Bruins are the best team in the East and superior in every way to the Wings. This is the 2014 Red Wings we're talking about, not the 1998 squad or even the 2008 edition. Stevie Y and Lidstrom and Larianov are all gone. The Red Wings are not an elite team anymore. They're merely a good team now. And good ain't gonna be good enough to beat the Bruins 4 times out of 7. I'd love to see it happen and it wouldn't completely shock me if it did, but I very much doubt that Detroit is going to cause the Bruins to lose any sleep.

?

Who suggested certainty? Boston is favoured, but they may have a fight on their hands.

That said. I don't think Howard is that great.

Chicago will get lucky if they play St. Louis. They play the Blues far better than the Avs.

Anyone else planning on watching Tampa/Washington?

Caps recently beat Chicago 4-0, let's hope they decide to play spoilers again today.

I actually would prefer the Habs start on the road.....we seem to be better when you are the ''underdog''......I really don't want the pressure of starting at home against Tampa....it has disaster written all over it

I guess people will be cheering for Halak today

:couch

I actually would prefer the Habs start on the road.....we seem to be better when you are the ''underdog''......I really don't want the pressure of starting at home against Tampa....it has disaster written all over it

I find the whole ice thing is overblown. It's not like we are so much better at home compared to on the road. In our case it probably makes no difference.

Xpirefan probably cheered for Carter when he came back a Mwt and told his St Leonard homeys "why cheer against Kid"

Back