• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

That may be true but give me their prospect/youth pool any day of the week on the Habs...

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau

Gubranson
Petrovic
Ekblad (Who I'd pick if I was them)

Some prospects I like:

Quintin Howden
Rocco Grimaldi
Colby Robak
Mike Matheson

If Luongo can stay healthy then they're building their team very strong down the middle from the goalie out.

It amazes me just how poorly that team plays.

While I like their center prospects, I like our seasons better and I'm not convinced their overall youth pool is that much better than ours :

Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Fucale
De La Rose
Hudon
Reway
Andrighetto

While I like their center prospects, I like our seasons better and I'm not convinced their overall youth pool is that much better than ours :

Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Fucale
De La Rose
Hudon
Reway
Andrighetto

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau

Gubranson
Petrovic
Ekblad

Will be better than any of our young players except maybe Galchenyuk and Gallagher. The bottom three are big, bruising defenders with talent.

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau

Gubranson
Petrovic
Ekblad

Will be better than any of our young players except maybe Galchenyuk and Gallagher. The bottom three are big, bruising defenders with talent.

Maybe, and definitely should be for Barkov, Huberdeau, Gubranson and Ekblad given their draft ranking. Not sold on Petrovic yet.

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏Anton Belov told @plysenkovRUS that he didn't want to stay in Edmonton under Dallas Eakins. #Oilers

Another ringing endorsement for Dallas Eakins.

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏Anton Belov told @plysenkovRUS that he didn't want to stay in Edmonton under Dallas Eakins. #Oilers

Another ringing endorsement for Dallas Eakins.

Or another ringing endorsement for the Oilers

Eakins got a big build up before last year because he coached the Leafs farm team. So he must have been good........

Barkov
Bjugstad
Huberdeau

Gubranson
Petrovic
Ekblad

agree, but Huberdeau played like crap this year much more was expected

I still laugh at Eakins saying Eller gave them motivation to win as he called them a junior team. He certainly didn't motivate them the rest of the year.

Ben Bishop, Tuukka Rask and Semyon Varlamov are the finalists for the Vezina. No Price.

Ben Bishop, Tuukka Rask and Semyon Varlamov are the finalists for the Vezina. No Price.

Playoffs probably show this to be true, although I thought Price was better than Rask. Oh well, whatever.

Rask is beneficiary of a very tight system that allows him to have the numbers he has just like it did with Thomas and even that other guy they traded Rask for and won the rookie of the year

Rask is beneficiary of a very tight system that allows him to have the numbers he has just like it did with Thomas and even that other guy they traded Rask for and won the rookie of the year

It helps with wins and GAA.

Three great candidates IMO. Price is probably in that 4th or 5th spot.

The Martin Brodeur special.

I fully expect Rask to win.

Back