• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Chip Alexander: Karmanos announces Francis is GM. Brian Tatum is assistant GM. Mike Vellucci is assistant GM and director of hockey ops. Rutherford remains as president.

With the way he was shit on, no way he was going to be nominated but Chara wasn't that good this year from what I understood.

Chara outscored Subban 17 to 10 this year.

Chip Alexander: Karmanos announces Francis is GM. Brian Tatum is assistant GM. Mike Vellucci is assistant GM and director of hockey ops. Rutherford remains as president.

More Plymouth Whalers connections.

Roman Jedlicka: Jaromir Jagr said after practice with national team he will continue with Devils. He said he already has agreement with the club.

Helene St. James
Red Wings' Ken Holland wants to talk extension with Mike Babcock, but Babcock "doubts" it'll happen

Yeah right, Babcock will go be Red Berenson's assistant coach. Whatever.

I never knew it was Babcock who turned down a contract and voluntarily left Anaheim to join Detroit - always thought it was foolish of the Ducks to "not renew" Babcock.

Marches to the beat of his own drum. Rather refreshing.

Helene St. James
Red Wings' Ken Holland wants to talk extension with Mike Babcock, but Babcock "doubts" it'll happen

For those that never read the article hair linked.

Babcock, who turned 51 on Tuesday, said it was “no priority whatsoever” to get a new deal, adding “I doubt it” when asked if he’d talk extension. Babcock’s explanation was that he’s comfortable with the situation as is — meaning he’s got a year left, and that year overlaps with his youngest daughter entering her senior year of high school.

Back