• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

San Jose Sharks ‏Doug Wilson: "I have informed Marty Havlat that he will not be back this next season." #SJSharks

There's a press conference in Pittsburgh this morning scheduled for 11:30am.

I listened to Pierre McGuire on the radio yesterday afternoon and he was on the verge of crying when they were talking about Ray Shero's situation in Pittsburgh.

Bob McKenzie PIT will announce this morning GM Ray Shero and head coach Dan Bylsma have been fired. #TSN

again another coach and GM who pay the price ..

Bylsma had his window and personally I look at that team and they looked un prepared and at times just lost in what they needed to do to win....that's on the coach

Fleury is the real reason that team never made it back to the SCF. He's had far too many stinker games in the playoffs.

Fleury is the real reason that team never made it back to the SCF. He's had far too many stinker games in the playoffs.

I don't know, I thought after a few shaking games against the jackets, that he played well. I don't think he is the reason they lost against the rangers. Just not enough dept on the Pittsburgh side. Too much money for too few players results in having too many AHLers on that roster. It's easy after to just concentrate on blocking their best players.

Only Shero was fired. New GM to evaluate coaches.

Dunno why he would. His kids live in LA. He's divorced and wants to be near them. Saw a piece on Brisson last year. He's making crazy money and living where he wants to be. I could only see him accepting L.A. or Anaheim.

There's a press conference in Pittsburgh this morning scheduled for 11:30am.

I listened to Pierre McGuire on the radio yesterday afternoon and he was on the verge of crying when they were talking about Ray Shero's situation in Pittsburgh.

I wonder if Pierre will be a candidate to replace him?

I thought Shero would get a chance to hire another coach before getting fired. I thought his teams were pretty good but underachieved, which falls on the coach.

I think Shero would've got that chance had he not offered Bylsma a contract extension last summer - that tied them at the waist (perception-wise).

Back