• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

I thought Shero would get a chance to hire another coach before getting fired. I thought his teams were pretty good but underachieved, which falls on the coach.

I dunno.....it seemed like Rangers had more depth....and better defensemen/goalie....that falls on the GM.

I'm sure Bylsma wanted Fleury gone 3 years ago....but GM/Owner did not want to buy him out. Bylsma did pretty good with what he had. Remember all those years that Malkin or Crosby were injured...including Letang...but Pens still managed to do well.

The goaltending/defense let them down big time

I dunno.....it seemed like Rangers had more depth....and better defensemen/goalie....that falls on the GM.

I'm sure Bylsma wanted Fleury gone 3 years ago....but GM/Owner did not want to buy him out. Bylsma did pretty good with what he had. Remember all those years that Malkin or Crosby were injured...including Letang...but Pens still managed to do well.

The goaltending/defense let them down big time

I'm sorry but no, while the Rangers had better overall defense and goaltending, Pittsburgh was far far superior up front and should have won the series. Bylsma didn't do a good job at all. The Penguins were an undisciplined group lacking commitment and that's what cost them. That's on the coach. Last year they were stacked and got swept in 4 games for the same reason.

Shero was gifted an ultra talented group of 1st rounders to build a dynasty and hasn't come close.

I mean Chicago is able to build what is by todays standards a dynasty with Toews and Kane as the building blocks.

Pittsburgh on top of having Crosby and Malkin had more top five picks plus they play in a weaker conference the last hand full of years.

This is on the GM and coaching staff

Chicago wins because they have a very nice defensive corp....it helps to have Toews-Hossa-Sharp-Kane, but Pens, Ducks, Kings also have a nice top 6....defense wins championships

I thought Shero would get a chance to hire another coach before getting fired. I thought his teams were pretty good but underachieved, which falls on the coach.

His windows to change coach was last year and he decided to stick with Balsyma and it cost him his job.

Dunno why he would. His kids live in LA. He's divorced and wants to be near them. Saw a piece on Brisson last year. He's making crazy money and living where he wants to be. I could only see him accepting L.A. or Anaheim.

Wasn't he also asked and interviewed for the GM job in Montreal and declined the offer because he wanted to stick in LA too? I doubt he changes his mind for Pittsburgh.

Chicago wins because they have a very nice defensive corp....it helps to have Toews-Hossa-Sharp-Kane, but Pens, Ducks, Kings also have a nice top 6....defense wins championships

Well that's exactly the problem...Shero neglected to address that issue.

He had the assets to address those weaknesses but he moves Staal a player that garnered a lot of interest for another depth forward as an example..why not deal from strength and address the defense

Ran into Scottie Upshall a few hours ago. Never knew he lived near me. He eats at Subway btw.

It appears I was the only one that recognized him too.

Ran into Scottie Upshall a few hours ago. Never knew he lived near me. He eats at Subway btw.

It appears I was the only one that recognized him too.

Was he heartbroken when you told him you were not even a Panthers fan?

Didn't really talk about the Panthers. Spoke for all of 45 seconds maybe.

Martin Lemay of RDS was saying Joel Quenneville can speak French , is that true ?

Chicago won't be letting him go any time soon.

In other words he's talking primarily about goaltending, pus likely overall speed (not including Murray) & feistiness.

According to Bobby Mac if Pat Brisson is interested to become GM , he can be main candidate in PITT

Back