• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Shero was gifted an ultra talented group of 1st rounders to build a dynasty and hasn't come close.

I mean Chicago is able to build what is by todays standards a dynasty with Toews and Kane as the building blocks.

Pittsburgh on top of having Crosby and Malkin had more top five picks plus they play in a weaker conference the last hand full of years.

This is on the GM and coaching staff

To me the Pens were always a paper tiger and comparisons between this edition and the glory days of the early 90's are farcical. You can't expect to win with the sort of crap goaltending that MA Fleury gives you. He got lucky once but he's not going to fluke out multiple Cups like Osgood. And the Pens' blue line is nothing to write home about either. Letang is over-rated and there's no Samuelsson or Murphy or Coffey-type of defenceman on this team. At forward you've got the usual suspects like Crosby Malkin Kunitz, etc, but you also have a lot of mediocrity. Crosby and Malkin may be a latter-day Mario-Jagr combination but no one else is fit to take on the role of a Kevin Stevens, Joe Mullen, Ron Francis or Mark Recchi circa 1991.

And when you get right down to it, Crosby is no Mario. He did nothing in the playoffs other than sulk. He says he wasn't playing hurt so I have only to assume that he just couldn't be bothered busting his hump. That, to me, makes Crosby as big a prima-donna coach-killer as Ovechkin.

It's the Islanders. They have to overpay to sign people. It's funny though because it's still NY.

4.5 M for Halak ? I like the guy but is really overpaid ...

Thats ok money , going after Miller at 6+ is dumb money . He is a middle of the pack goalie at 4ish , hardly an overpayment , he is not a work horse # 1 but a good goalie , huge improvement over the crap they have .

I hear that Xpo is slated to play Horshack in the off-off-Broadway dinner theater production of "Welcome Back Kotter"

I didn't, but that wasn't really my point anyway. When are they changing names?

From what I heard nothing is changing...which pretty much goes with the theme of signing Halak to that ridiculous deal

The Sharks have officially named Larry Robinson associate coach and director of player development.

Elliotte Friedman
Tyler Johnson extension with TB is three years, $10M

From what I heard nothing is changing...which pretty much goes with the theme of signing Halak to that ridiculous deal

ridiculous deal ? so our Cammy and Gionta deals border on lunacy if thats the case

Poor Halak, guy gets bounced around and his former team St. Louis signs that career minor leaguer Brian Elliott to a three-year deal.

Back