• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Poor Halak, guy gets bounced around and his former team St. Louis signs that career minor leaguer Brian Elliott to a three-year deal.

He'll get over it after he sees his bank account.

Ya... Halak's contract is way more lucrative than Elliot's ,why would he care?

I completely forgot that Pavelec got a 5 year 19.5M deal. Since they both have the same agents, Halak has a lot of leverage to get $4.5M.

That said, both deals are gross and the Jets are beyond retarded for not wanting to buy out Pavelec this offseason.

His best year was three years ago where he had a mediocre .914 save %.

if Pavelec and Halak are bad deals , then Gionta and what we gave Cammy are just as brutal if not worse

I completely forgot that Pavelec got a 5 year 19.5M deal. Since they both have the same agents, Halak has a lot of leverage to get $4.5M.

That said, both deals are gross and the Jets are beyond retarded for not wanting to buy out Pavelec this offseason.

His best year was three years ago where he had a mediocre .914 save %.

When you play for a team like jets save% of .914 can't be medicore .

save % is largely independent of team factor (with a decent enough sample size)

eg. luongo from the panthers to the canucks and back again

Still enamored with the Slovakian midget huh?

not at all Sal , we are simply chatting $$$$ nothing else

loved the trade from day 1 , Price was always our horse of the future

if this contract is brutal as some think then those deals I mentioned are worse

gary lawless ‏Hearing more and more Barry Trotz to Washington is a done deal. #nhl

When you play for a team like jets save% of .914 can't be medicore .

Yes it absolutely can.

Varlamov played on a very, very mediocre Avalanche team and still got close to .930 this year. The save % he had isn't elevated in any way because he played on a team lacking in defense.

Yes it absolutely can.

Varlamov played on a very, very mediocre Avalanche team and still got close to .930 this year. The save % he had isn't elevated in any way because he played on a team lacking in defense.
you comparing Aves with Jets ?WOW !

My point went right over your head, didn't it?

No it didn't .Aves may not have great D but up front they can score goals . Varlamov knows if he allow couples he has a team to score goals .

743.gif

No it didn't .Aves may not have great D but up front they can score goals . Varlamov knows if he allow couples he has a team to score goals .

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it did. I'm not sure you really understand how this all works.

What does the Avs ability to score goals have to do with SV%?

Back