• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Don't look now but . . . from Twitter today:

"According to multiple sources, Pierre McGuire has been telling associates he'll be in Pittsburgh today/tonight for 2nd GM interview w/Pens"

Lord please make it happen. Only way to get peanut off my tv.

Apparently the finalists in Pittsburgh are Botterill, Brisebois and McGuire. Sound familiar?
Decision coming next week.

I'm thinking Botterill gets it, after listening to Elliott Friedman's take on this......maybe

Jim Matheson: Sources say NBC analyst Pierre McGuire has had two interviews for the Penguins' GM job. McGuire was an assistant coach on their '92 Cup team.

It's often the ones you hear the least about that end up with the job.....

Which means McGuire will probably be on NBC between the benches next year....

It's often the ones you hear the least about that end up with the job.....

Which means McGuire will probably be on NBC between the benches next year....

Such as? Your theory is no longer true in the age of social media. Word always gets out.

McGuire and Roy were the frontrunners for MTL.....then Bergevin's name came up

Now maybe that has lots to do with TSN and RDS pimping their boys, but still.....

We can only go by what we read on TSN/RDS...and they were pimping McGuire and Roy to no end.....

We can only go by what we read on TSN/RDS...and they were pimping McGuire and Roy to no end.....

MB was listed as a GM candidate by most media the minute that Goat was fired. Even DonKay mentioned him here from the get-go. ****ing DonKay, who knows almost nothing. j/k

Pierre McGuire confirmed on TSN1090 that there has been talks with the Penguins.

Back