• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

And yesterday would not confirm on TSN 690 that he had talks with the Penguins..... :lol

I wonder if Lemieux really wants to trust the peak years of Malkin-Crosby to a guy like McGuire ?

He's been out of a management job for decades....I doubt being an analyst means shit when you have to crunch the numbers and cap related issues.....I guess he would have to surround himself like Bergevin did., but at least Bergevin worked in Chicago management and was learning.

MB was listed as a GM candidate by most media the minute that Goat was fired. Even DonKay mentioned him here from the get-go. ****ing DonKay, who knows almost nothing. j/k

I go to the same tailor as MB so I have insider info

Rob Rossi: Perhaps worth keeping in mind that folks making Pens GM decision have let nothing leak during search. Can't see them favoring he who has.

Rob Rossi: Perhaps worth keeping in mind that folks making Pens GM decision have let nothing leak during search. Can't see them favoring he who has.

Typical Pierre. A legend in his own mind.

And yesterday would not confirm on TSN 690 that he had talks with the Penguins..... :lol

I wonder if Lemieux really wants to trust the peak years of Malkin-Crosby to a guy like McGuire ?

He's been out of a management job for decades....I doubt being an analyst means shit when you have to crunch the numbers and cap related issues.....I guess he would have to surround himself like Bergevin did., but at least Bergevin worked in Chicago management and was learning.

Agreed. It's not like he was a community organizer or anything.

The Devils have re-signed Marek Zidlicky to a one-year, $4 million deal.

Last edited:

I can't believe Julien Brisebois is getting consideration...not sure why people are high on this guy

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 15m
Pierre McGuire on NBC conf. call says he's talked to #Penguins and there is a long list of people interested in job.

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 10m
Pierre McGuire: "I’ve met with the Pittsburgh #Penguins. I’ve talked with the Pittsburgh Penguins. But so have a lot of other people. (more)

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 9m
Pierre McGuire con't: It’s a long list, an attractive job. There are a lot of people in the hockey world that would (more)

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 8m
Pierre McGuire con't: ..like to have that position. Ray Shero, the former GM, and his staff did an amazing job building up (more)

Pierre McGuire con't: the infrastructure of talent on that team, and that’s why I think it’s a very appealing job for a lot of people.(more)

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 7m
Pierre McGuire con't: In terms of whether I’m a finalist, I can’t speak to that. I have no concept of that, except (more)

Pierre McGuire con't: ... to tell you this: There are a lot of people that would like that job. (end) #Penguins

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 15m
Pierre McGuire on NBC conf. call says he's talked to #Penguins and there is a long list of people interested in job.

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 10m
Pierre McGuire: "I’ve met with the Pittsburgh #Penguins. I’ve talked with the Pittsburgh Penguins. But so have a lot of other people. (more)

Shelly Anderson @pgshelly · 9m
Pierre McGuire con't: It’s a long list, an attractive job. There are a lot of people in the hockey world that would (more)

Pierre McGuire con't: ..like to have that position. Ray Shero, the former GM, and his staff did an amazing job building up (more)

Pierre McGuire con't: the infrastructure of talent on that team, and that’s why I think it’s a very appealing job for a lot of people.(more)

Pierre McGuire con't: In terms of whether I’m a finalist, I can’t speak to that. I have no concept of that, except (more)

Pierre McGuire con't: ... to tell you this: There are a lot of people that would like that job. (end) #Penguins

I'm not saying it's not true....just wondering why McGuire would admit it on Toronto radio, but deny it on MTL radio ?

The whole word knows he got 2 interviews.

Besides, i can't believe Lemieux would gamble his franchise's potential "peak" years on a non-experienced guy....1992 is a whole other era....

He won't get the job because when it comes down to it he doesn't have any recent experience. It's too much of a risk hiring someone like him.

I'm not saying it's not true....just wondering why McGuire would admit it on Toronto radio, but deny it on MTL radio ?

The whole word knows he got 2 interviews.

Just two weeks ago he said on TSN690 that he would not be interested in the job out of loyalty to his good friend Shero.

He's full of crap this guy

Besides, i can't believe Lemieux would gamble his franchise's potential "peak" years on a non-experienced guy....1992 is a whole other era....

If MB was available the job would be filled by now with our GM...this is what Lemieux is looking for, someone young, experienced and with a vision of building a complete type team concept and not just revolving around a couple of stars

Just two weeks ago he said on TSN690 that he would not be interested in the job out of loyalty to his good friend Shero.

He's full of crap this guy

He's now saying that Shero gave him his "blessing" to go for it.

well McGuire is an idiot...friendship is friendship and business is business.

It's not like McGuire got Shero fired...what loyalty does he have to shero if he isn't the one who fired him.

A job opens and your friend happened to be the previous one holding that position...big deal!

Just shows that McGuire may get eaten alive is this business with that kind of attitude

Of course he's going to say that, how else is going to get out from under his statement on TSN690? This is the same guy who chastized Regier to no end for letting his "good friend" Lindy Ruff go - saying if he was GM, he would've quit if he had to force "a good man out" - sure he would've...oh no sorry Lindy on the road may have given him the "blessing".

Of course he's going to say that, how else is going to get out from under his statement on TSN690? This is the same guy who chastized Regier to no end for letting his "good friend" Lindy Ruff go - saying if he was GM, he would've quit if he had to force "a good man out" - sure he would've...oh no sorry Lindy on the road may have given him the "blessing".

I'm just the messenger, dude. Don't shoot me.

Back