• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Jacques Martin's name was mentioned for Canes job according to Francois Gagnon .

Gagnon admitted last year that he was a very close friend of Martin (even outside of journalism), so that's just Gagnon plugging his friend's name to try and get buzz around

According to Bob McKenzie, the Penguins will name Jim Rutherford as their new GM.

LOL!

Much lulz

The NHL is such a good ole boy network.

Jim Rutherford has to be the single most overrated hockey executive in the last 20 years.

Jesus, what a complete ****up.

But at least we can be sure Pittsburgh will continue to underachieve.

Jim Rutherford has to be the single most overrated hockey executive in the last 20 years.

In all fairness, he hasn't had the luxury of managing a cap team, now he will - wonder if he brings Marshall Johnston with him, most underrated scout in the game. The man who created the early 2000's Ottawa Sens.

The Flames named Brad Pascall and Craig Conroy Assistant GMs.

Last edited:

Nick Kypreos said McGuire wanted a five-year deal but the Penguins only wanted him on a three-year deal.

I'd have to go with Burke on that one.

He inherited a very good team in Anaheim and since has done squat

The Penguins have fired Dan Bylsma.

Apparently the Panthers have been waiting for him, so he's likely to end up there.

Last edited:

More Penguins front office news: Jason Botterill promoted to Associate GM; Bill Guerin and Tom FitzGerald named Assistant GMs.

I'd have to go with Burke on that one.

He inherited a very good team in Anaheim and since has done squat

Please. Burke, while with some faults, is a ton better than Jim Rutherford. Like all GMs, he's made his share of mistakes, but he's hit a lot more homeruns than our GMs have in the last decade.

You mean trading for Pronger is nothing? Signing Niedermayer & Selanne is nothing? Trading Mayers, White, Stajan & Hagelin for Phaneuf is nothing? Trading Beauchemin for Lupul & Gardiner is nothing?

Does Rutherford have even one trade remotely close to that in his whole career?

Last edited:

I know him (not well but still). His office is/used to be a block from mine. Big securities class action lawyer. Obviously. My buddy used to work there and had a very nasty "divorce" from Andy's firm.

let him know to keep garth snow

Back