• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

You sound like his agent at times.

If only . . . 5% of PM's deal with NBC is a nice sum of cash. Anyway, here's the latest:

"Staying in touch
Dave Molinari 9 minutes ago

It has become evident over the past few days that TV analyst Pierre McGuire is, in fact, a serious candidate to become the Penguins’ next general manager.

The latest bit of evidence: McGuire not only was in Pittsburgh last weekend to discuss the opening with the team executives conducting the search for Ray Shero’s successor, but is believed to have received at least two phone calls from those officials since their face-to-face meeting.

What isn’t certain is how unusual that level of contact is in this process, and whether it is any sort of reflection of where McGuire stands in the preferred pecking order."

Last edited:

Yup, I certainly wouldn't mind McGuire signing in with Pitts. 2-fold:
1. Gets him off TV
2. Should spell the end of Pittsburgh's reign at the top of the east.

Yup, I certainly wouldn't mind McGuire signing in with Pitts. 2-fold:
1. Gets him off TV
2. Should spell the end of Pittsburgh's reign at the top of the east.

I couldn't agree more...but I seriously doubt that Lemieux will entrust his organization to a guy like McGuire who hasn't really been in a front office in over a decade

Dave Molinari has his rankings as: 1. Jason Botterill, 2. Julien BriseBois, 3. Paul Fenton, 4. Pierre McGuire, 5. Jim Rutherford, 6. Tom FitzGerald.

Dave Molinari has his rankings as: 1. Jason Botterill, 2. Julien BriseBois, 3. Paul Fenton, 4. Pierre McGuire, 5. Jim Rutherford, 6. Tom FitzGerald.

I hear the Julien brisebois is very Gainey/Gauthier esque in that he doesn't like surrounding himself by a lot of hockey people.

I think most good font offices are going the other direction

Jacques Martin's name was mentioned for Canes job according to Francois Gagnon .

I cant even keep track of all the coaches vacancy/changes.

The Islanders have acquired the rights to Dan Boyle from the Sharks for a fifth-round pick in 2014.

The pick becomes a fourth if Boyle signs.

The Islanders have acquired the rights to Dan Boyle from the Sharks for a fifth-round pick in 2014.

The pick becomes a fourth if Boyle signs.

Sharks will be active this summer for sure..after another playoff let down how long do you keep going with these long time veterans.

better yet lets trade vanek and 5th to the islanders for collberg and a 2nd

Gotta give Snow credit, he keeps trying. Succeeding is another story.

Gotta give Snow credit, he keeps trying. Succeeding is another story.

I'm telling ya he would love Pleks, Max, either Beaulieu or Tinordi and a 1st round pick for you know who. Pleks would give that team help on both ends of the ice. Max will score lots of goals and his family lives there. A top D-prospect and a 1st round pick all for one medium size guy who cannot bring the NYI up to respectfulness all by himself. A win-win for both teams.

Back