• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

What about giving Roy some credit towards Varlamov. I am sure an ex-elite goalie had something to do about improving his game, mentally and physically.

What about giving Roy some credit towards Varlamov. I am sure an ex-elite goalie had something to do about improving his game, mentally and physically.

The same Patrick Roy who, after coaching a decade in the Q, never saw a goalie developed under him other than Cedrick Desjardins? And that he's been publicly lambasted by Louis Domingue (and subsequently backed up by Peter Delmas)?

The same Patrick Roy who, after coaching a decade in the Q, never saw a goalie developed under him other than Cedrick Desjardins? And that he's been publicly lambasted by Louis Domingue (and subsequently backed up by Peter Delmas)?

Pffft , all of them no - name goalies, nobody could have helped them.

Pffft , all of them no - name goalies, nobody could have helped them.

François Brassard, Peter Delmas & Louis Domingue were all drafted.

Maybe they remained no-names because Roy did jack shit to help them outside of make their lives hell?

Carolina Hurricanes
NEWS: E. Staal undergoes surgery for core muscle injury, expected to make full recovery by start of season

Sounds like a few posters on here.

Joe Haggerty
Good to see hate running deep between B's & Habs. Brad Marchand on Tomas Plekanec: "I hate him...I can't stand him."

I just posted that article in the Plekanec thread.

Choosing NHL's top franchise player.

Craig Custance asked a dozen NHL executives, coaches and players to send in their top five franchise picks, in order, then assigned point values for each vote to come up with an overall ranking.

To keep things simple, there were no other factors brought to the table. It was simply a request to pick the five best players to build a franchise around. In all, the panel is made up of four current team executives (assistant GM or GM), one former GM, four current head coaches, one respected assistant coach and a player from each conference. The ballot of one of the coaches was excluded from the point total because he preferred not to rank them in any particular order. (The excluded ballot looked like this: Jonathan Toews, Steven Stamkos, Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and Jamie Benn.)

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/cra...x_cid=InsiderTwitter_Custance_FranchisePlayer

_____

The List:
1. Jonathan Toews (43)
2. Sidney Crosby (41)
3. Drew Doughty (21)
4. Ryan Getzlaf (8)
5. Nathan MacKinnon/Shea Weber (7)
6. Anze Kopitar/John Tavares (6)
7. Carey Price/Steven Stamkos (5)
8. P.K. Subban (4)
9. Evgeni Malkin (2)

Choosing NHL's top franchise player.

Craig Custance asked a dozen NHL executives, coaches and players to send in their top five franchise picks, in order, then assigned point values for each vote to come up with an overall ranking.

To keep things simple, there were no other factors brought to the table. It was simply a request to pick the five best players to build a franchise around. In all, the panel is made up of four current team executives (assistant GM or GM), one former GM, four current head coaches, one respected assistant coach and a player from each conference. The ballot of one of the coaches was excluded from the point total because he preferred not to rank them in any particular order. (The excluded ballot looked like this: Jonathan Toews, Steven Stamkos, Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and Jamie Benn.)

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/cra...x_cid=InsiderTwitter_Custance_FranchisePlayer

_____

The List:
1. Jonathan Toews (43)
2. Sidney Crosby (41)

3. Drew Doughty (21)
4. Ryan Getzlaf (8)
5. Nathan MacKinnon/Shea Weber (7)
6. Anze Kopitar/John Tavares (6)
7. Carey Price/Steven Stamkos (5)
8. P.K. Subban (4)
9. Evgeni Malkin (2)

Wow...

I'm still puzzled at how people would pick Toews (a 60-70 points guy playing with awesome linemates) over Crosby (generational guy playing with average or above average linemates)

But i'm just a fan...I guess we gotta trust hockey people's judgements...

I'm still puzzled at how people would pick Toews (a 60-70 points guy playing with awesome linemates) over Crosby (generational guy playing with average or above average linemates)

No we don't :)

I would agree, it puzzles me too.

This is total BS.....

If tomorrow morning Crosby and Toews were UFA, 30 GMs would fax Crosby's agent first, and then settle for Toews as a consolation prize if Crosby signs elsewhere....

Hawk recently won 2 cups recently so that helps. Toews also has a great work ethic and dressing room impact. I guess that could explain people choosing him over Crosby. Crosby health issue might be a concern as well.

What I notice from that list though is that we have 2 players listed. THe only goaltender + the second defenceman, just beind doughty. Only pitts have 2 guys listed (crosby, malkin).

Crosby has a bit of a rep as a whiner and cry baby who can get rattled when the going gets tough. Toews is captain serious and delivers when it counts.

Back