• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

I was reading a few months back, the Jets & True North org structures are a total clusterfcuk. No one knows who exactly Chevaldayoff reports to - is it Mark Chipman? Thompson? Some other underling?

There seems to be a corporate war going on & Chevaldayoff's just humming along without being held accountable for hockey decisions/lack thereof.

The Jets probably need to follow the Avs & Leafs and bring in a hockey guy as Prez - say Dale Hawerchuk?

Last edited:

The jets have a decent team except for in net. Pavelec is keeping them from being in a real fight for the playoffs.

Arenthe a contender? No but they should be able to make playoffs with a real goalie

The jets have a decent team except for in net. Pavelec is keeping them from being in a real fight for the playoffs.

Arenthe a contender? No but they should be able to make playoffs with a real goalie

You realize the Jets moved to the Western Conference last season?

Anyone else think that it's beyond weird that in the more than 3 years that Kevin Cheveldayoff has been the Jets GM he has yet to trade a single Jets roster player for a roster player from another NHL team? What does this guy do all day? MB would be getting hammered from all sides in Montreal if that was him.

What do you expect from a guy whose name ends in "dayoff"?

You realize the Jets moved to the Western Conference last season?

And they missed the playoffs by 7 points despite having one of the worst starting goalies in the league playing for them.

The Jets aren't that bad, outside of Pavelec. He's a massive anchor, though.

If you want a Western sleeper, look no further than Nashville.

Despite playing with basically AHL caliber goaltending all year, they were able to finish 3 points behind the last playoff spot.

I'm fully expecting Colorado to drop like a stone into the bottom of the West.

Yeah and they werent that far out with a goalie with a 901 save percentage

But they were just as close to 13th as they were to 8th (7 pts.). Anyway, the do-nothing GM seems content with Pavlec.

Ondrej Pavelec makes that Isles signing Halak looks good. That's how bad he is.

But they were just as close to 13th as they were to 8th (7 pts.). Anyway, the do-nothing GM seems content with Pavlec.
Well being content with pavelec is my biggest criticism of him. Thw guy shouldve been a compliance buyout

If you want a Western sleeper, look no further than Nashville.

Despite playing with basically AHL caliber goaltending all year, they were able to finish 3 points behind the last playoff spot.

I'm fully expecting Colorado to drop like a stone into the bottom of the West.

I don't know. Seems some were waiting for that to happen after the first month of the season. What Patrick did was remarkable, and even I, a huge believer, was surprised.

I don't know. Seems some were waiting for that to happen after the first month of the season. What Patrick did was remarkable, and even I, a huge believer, was surprised.

Elite goaltending and extremely high shooting % got them where they were at. They were outplayed on a lot of nights, but got a great performance from Varlamov & got opportunistic goals. I don't think there was one game in the playoffs where you could say they definitely outplayed Minny.

The only way they repeat is if Varlamov has another crazy good season & MacKinnon just blows up offensively. If neither happen, they're not making the playoffs.

Could have sworn you said in another thread that the avs wont fall very far.

Could have sworn you said in another thread that the avs wont fall very far.

nope he said clearly they will tumble in the standings and I agree , they wont get their 100+ points , its like Ottawa too many things went good for them and you dont go from the first pick to this success so quickly without a set back . Highly doubt Varlamov stands on his head this year .

Back