• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Аrpon Basu: Is Dave Nonis sitting by himself weeping in the corner yet?

File under "that didn't last long"...

Report from Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman via Twitter:

"Hearing MLSE president/CEO Tim Leiweke will be leaving the company soon."

Prime Time Sports host Bob McCown speculated about the departure of Leiweke back in early spring, saying that his family were not fans of the colder-than-usual winter.

Leiweke about to move back to LA to run the Clippers? Whisper won't go away. Wife moved back to So. Cal. already. #wehatewinter
— Bob McCown (@FadooBobcat) August 19, 2014

Last edited:

In the end, Moore had to cut his losses and take a deal. Unlike Bertuzzi, he hasn't spent the last 8 years earning an NHL paycheque which would enable him to pursue this case to its conclusion. You get only as much justice as you can afford to buy.

Im guessing the NHL wanted no part of Crawford and co having to speak.

My guess is it was Moore that "won" this.

In the end, Moore had to cut his losses and take a deal. Unlike Bertuzzi, he hasn't spent the last 8 years earning an NHL paycheque which would enable him to pursue this case to its conclusion. You get only as much justice as you can afford to buy.

The insurance companies were paying for Berdummi's defence I am sure, didn't cost him anything. Moore's lawyer was on contingency like Krust probably is with most of his cases.

If it were a question of cost, it would not have gotten to this point.

5 years, 23,5 M$ for Clarke MacArthur!!!Poor Max just try to recover each time and bang another new deal lol.

On Kevin Hayes.

Mark Divver: I'm being told Rangers and Avs appear to have inside track.

Apparently Hayes has signed with the Rangers.

This is getting old....Rangers are truly in a league of their own - basically can sign any UFA they really desire.

Find it funny Hayes told his hometown Bruins to go pound sand, even though Chia-pet, Julien, and Jacobs reached out to him in person.

This is getting old....Rangers are truly in a league of their own - basically can sign any UFA they really desire.

Find it funny Hayes told his hometown Bruins to go pound sand, even though Chia-pet, Julien, and Jacobs reached out to him in person.

If the Habs had drafted Kreider then Hayes would have probably signed with us. They're apparently very good friends.

What's a good comparable for Sekac?

Sakic.

Not sure if there is a good comparable. From what I recall he is supposed to be a 3rd liner with hopes of being a second liner.

Ill try to find the thread from his signing. Probably more info there.

Back