• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

There are still some bloggers/fancy stat backers that deserve to be laughed at IMO. Steve Burtch comes to mind, that guy is ridiculous.

Not sure if anyone's been following the lawsuit vs the NHL by US fans who can't get to watch their fav teams play on TV due to blackout restrictions yet have to pay a full season fee on Centre Ice - using old John Ziegler documents re: anti-competitiveness.

NHL just lost a court decision to dismiss the lawsuit late last week.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459001

Philip Pritchard
All the Sutter Brothers together with there Mom and 8 #stanleycup combined @HockeyHallFame @NHL @lakingspr

BvIKW3_CUAA_-y9.jpg

Any chance of us landing Kevin Hayes now that he and the Hawks didnt come to terms ? Is this guy top 6 quality ? I figure Tallon will make a serious pitch as well .

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't land in Florida (His brother is there along with Dale Tallon) or Calgary (his two college linemates are there).

Any chance of us landing Kevin Hayes now that he and the Hawks didnt come to terms ? Is this guy top 6 quality ? I figure Tallon will make a serious pitch as well .

Bergy was part of the clan that drafted him in Chicago, so he should know more about him, than the other GMs, now that the Hawks are out.I hope the Habs can find a way to lure him, never a bad thing to get free assets.

I'm not sure if Hayes is good, or if he's the modern day Hnat Domenichelli. Domenichelli scored a ton of points in the world juniors on a line with Langkow and Iginla, but it was mostly Iginla (and some Langkow) running the line and him just picking up some free points. I'm pretty sure that Johnny Gaudreau was a big part of the reason that Hayes started scoring 2 years ago. He didn't really score the two years he wasn't on Gaudreau's line and looked like a bust.

Then boom as a junior nearly a PPG player when put with Gaudreau. As a senior he is again with Gaudreau who goes off for 80 points and he grabs 65 in 40 games.

That said, maybe he had some talent too, if I could sign him for free... why not?

I'm not sure if Hayes is good, or if he's the modern day Hnat Domenichelli. Domenichelli scored a ton of points in the world juniors on a line with Langkow and Iginla, but it was mostly Iginla (and some Langkow) running the line and him just picking up some free points. I'm pretty sure that Johnny Gaudreau was a big part of the reason that Hayes started scoring 2 years ago. He didn't really score the two years he wasn't on Gaudreau's line and looked like a bust.

Then boom as a junior nearly a PPG player when put with Gaudreau. As a senior he is again with Gaudreau who goes off for 80 points and he grabs 65 in 40 games.

That said, maybe he had some talent too, if I could sign him for free... why not?

is he in the same ELC contract money as your typical CHL draftee ?

I believe so. BTW - I don't believe Tallon was GM of the Hawks in 2010 when Willie Mayes Hayes was drafted. I think it was the dynamic duo of Stanley & Day-off w Bergy as the head of player personnel.

Oh u mean the Habs should've drafted Simon Gagne instead of Eric Chouinard?

At his age He'd get a 2 year ELC. Teams wooing him are likely to be offering bonuses to try and get him.

Look at the Sekac contract for a good example (Same approximate age, both UFA, only one is out of college and one out of Europe).

http://capgeek.com/player/3456

Hayes probably gets similar (though a little less).

He's from Mass. Maybe he doesn't like the Habs.

He's from Mass. Maybe he doesn't like the Habs.

He's a center looking for his quickest route to the NHL. We've talked forever about how we need to find a way to get Galchenyuk a chance to play centre. He's going to sign with a team that has room for him to play in the top 9 at Centre.

Remember all these ELCs are two-way contracts where he makes way less money in the AHL.... he wants to get paid so he's gonna look for a team he can potentially make out of training camp.

We had the spot in our top 9 on the wing for Sekac. We don't have a spot for Hayes.

Any news today from Willie Mayes Hayes' camp? Wasn't he supposed to narrow his list of teams to 4-5?

Arthur Staple: BREAKING NEWS: Charles Wang has agreed to sell the Isles to John Ledecky, former co-owner of the Capitals, and investor Scott Malkin.

Back