• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Toews may be overrated as #1, but I'd still take him top 10. If I had to build a team and had first pick, I'd likely go:
Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Toews
Doughty
Tavares

I'd say as my top 6. After that I wouldn't be able to choose - if you're starting from scratch, I'd even start considering whether a MacKinnon type should start getting there, or how am I trying to factor in age, contracts, etc... But regardless of issues I think my picks above would my my choices in order if I were planning a franchise.

Yeah, pretty good. It gets way too difficult after that.

Crosby
Stamkos
Toews
MacKinnon
Malkin
Tavares
Doughty
Giroux
Weber
Subban

1 Sidney Crosby

2 Ryan Getzlaf

3 Claude Giroux

4 Tyler Seguin

5 Corey Perry

6 Phil Kessel

7 Taylor Hall

8 Erik Karlsson

9 Duncan Keith

10 Shea Weber

Sounds like you've been drinking....

It wasn't just by chance that the "real" captain of the Olympic team was Toews. Just saying.

What do you mean "real" captain. Crosby was the real captain. He had the C on his jersey to prove it.

No, showed on the ice who the guys felt was the real captain. Crosby is the more talented player, but Toews has that "special" quality you don't always have in your superstars.

How did it show on the ice? Do you have a particular instance you can recall where the guys showed how they thought Toews was the real captain?

Exactly the same names as mine, just different order.

My proprietary advanced rankings simply reflect that I'm ahead of you by a year.:smilewinkgrin:

I was very impress by MacKinnon. Dude brought it big in his first year and accelerated in the playoffs.

Still a year behind me.

I have McDavid on my list. Number 4.

My proprietary advanced rankings simply reflect that I'm ahead of you by a year.:smilewinkgrin:

I was very impress by MacKinnon. Dude brought it big in his first year and accelerated in the playoffs.

I was very impressed as well, that's why he made my list too.

Unpopular opinion alert.

My list is based on a if I had one game to play tomorrow, who I'd want. So I don't take age & possibility of building a team around an 18 year old like MacKinnon for the next 15 years into consideration.

I also put a lot of value in two-way play.

So, I take Toews before anyone not named Crosby.

1) Crosby
2) Toews
3) Getzlaf
4) Stamkos
5) Kopitar
6) Malkin
7) Doughty
8) Tavares
9) Subban
10) Weber

Honorable mentions in no particular order

Bergeron
Karlsson
Price
Keith
Benn
Suter
McDonagh
MacKinnon
Lundqvist
Rask

That's a completely different discussion though. A valid discussion mind you.

That's a completely different discussion though. A valid discussion mind you.

Well, since on the original list there weren't any per-requisites, I always go in the context of a one game scenario being played tomorrow.

If I had to build a team around a core of players for a single game a day or two from now, that would be my list.

I'd love to do a list for who you'd build around for the next 10 years.

Back