• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

It's actually pretty awesome though, it'd be cool if it was permanent at the top of the board for the rest of the year like we did with FloydianLeaf.

The Leafs had Floydian we have Beliveau, kind of sums up the two franchises.

That's not really fair... and nowhere near the same thing... and kind of ignorant.

That's not really fair... and nowhere near the same thing... and kind of ignorant.

hahaha i knew it would touch a raw nerve. I gather he was a popular guy on the Leafs board and I am not disrespecting him. But really...do the Leafs have a Beliveau or Richard equivalent?

hahaha i knew it would touch a raw nerve. I gather he was a popular guy on the Leafs board and I am not disrespecting him. But really...do the Leafs have a Beliveau or Richard equivalent?

No... but who really does? I mean you have your Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr and Howe... but even those guys may have been "better" but they probably didn't have that "aura" of a Beliveau or Richard.

No... but who really does? I mean you have your Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr and Howe... but even those guys may have been "better" but they probably didn't have that "aura" of a Beliveau or Richard.

And thats the real tragedy of the Leafs franchise. Supposedly the jewel franchise of the NHL and yet they never really had the best player in the league at any given time.

Habs need to produce a great player in the next 20 years -- not many people alive will have seen #4 and Rocket play by then.

Already have two in Subban & Price, plus another in the making with Galchenyuk. Granted, they'll never be on the level of Beliveau/Richard, but how many modern players are?

Already have two in Subban & Price, plus another in the making with Galchenyuk. Granted, they'll never be on the level of Beliveau/Richard, but how many modern players are?

Legacy also comes down to winning Cups, which is a lot harder to pull of when there's 5x as many teams. We need to win the big prize, otherwise our '93 will soon be like their '67.

Bah ....Leafs have been around forever and pretty well the most affluent franchise ...and what to show?

Probably a stronger argument would be Habs had exclusive rights to Quebec players for awhile, which wasnt fair at all. But where are the Quebecois stars these days? Sadest article i read recently, Andre Savard quit his job as Quebec scout for the Pens because nobody was reading his scouting reports. They didnt think Quebec prospects were worth the trouble.

In terms of respect/how much they're loved and presence in the community... well, I'll cry like a baby when Johnny Bower goes. He's part of my extended family so I'm biased I guess but I'd imagine there'll be a big outpouring when it happens.

As for the Floyd thing, yikes - no, thankfully the Habs board has not had any regular members pass that I know of. Thankfully. :nono

I liked Floyd had some great battles with him back in the hockeyboard days. Spent some long nights chatting on icq. Didnt talk to him much a couple years before he passed. He was a passionate poster.

Back