• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

again for the 2 millionth time, EVERY Hab fan in Vancouver and BC felt the same way as me. Canuck loss >>> Bruin win

Actually I didn't. I detested the thought of the Bruins winning and hated it even more after it happened. I would prefer Toronto win before Boston.

It was like the Kobayashi Maru... the no-win scenario that only James T. Kirk had the right solution to... on his his 3rd try, which is why I was hoping some sort of a major situation occured that forced the NHL to cancel the NHL Finals for that year.

You don't have to live with the losers here in Vancouver and wall to wall smiling whales so you really don't know what it's like.

The Cannots losing was the best thing that could have happened to us here. Seeing them figuring it was over only to have the rug pulled out from under them was beautiful.
Stop being pussies "you don't have to live with them waaaaaah". There is absolutely no acceptable reason to cheer on a Bruin cup win.

Rich Chere
Patrik Elias on boos: "We didn't deserve that. I didn't appreciate it."

Rich Chere
Patrik Elias on boos: "We didn't deserve that. I didn't appreciate it."

He would hate playing in Montreal where the faithful boo the PP even when we are winning.

Apparently 14 scouts at the Devils game tonight so I guess Jagr could still end up being a Hab one day.

Bruin win had no effect on me any more than Loria winning had on Xpire. it was too bad Bruins had to win but Canucks losing was better for me and that is all that matters. Remember too, Puongo losing drove Xpire away for 6 months, win win.

I will not discuss that ancient history again. Case closed

Meh... they're not even in the same conference and have never been a rival to the Habs... ever. No team even ranks on the hate chart compared to the Bruins. Perhaps if the Habs and Leafs meet a couple times in the playoffs they'll be there too... but for now it's the Bruins miles ahead of everyone else.

Ah, my boy,then obviously you are too young to remember. You were not the one watching those early sixties playoffs series that we usually lost to a fine Leafs team,nor the 10 year old boy crying in 1967. Meanwhile, the Bruins were an afterthought,a last place team. Yes...there was a rivalry (in the 1940s as well, though I'm not that old)....but I get your point. But childhood trauma runs deepest in my case.

Leafs hate> Bruins hate

Ah, my boy,then obviously you are too young to remember. You were not the one watching those early sixties playoffs series that we usually lost to a fine Leafs team,nor the 10 year old boy crying in 1967. Meanwhile, the Bruins were an afterthought,a last place team. Yes...there was a rivalry (in the 1940s as well, though I'm not that old)....but I get your point. But childhood trauma runs deepest in my case.

Leafs hate> Bruins hate

I don't believe we've ever played the Canucks in the playoffs.

I assume you thought I was talking about the Leafs when I said they've never been rivals. I may not have worded that very well. I meant that the Canucks have never been rivals and that nobody compares to the Bruins. Then I added that the Leafs could get there if we were to have a couple playoff rounds against them.

Nope... Hab fans should never cheer for the Bruins... ever.

Agreed, especially in the same year that their giant ogre they call a defenceman tried to kill one of our players and wasn't suspended for it cause Gregory Campbell's daddy was in charge of league discipline. That just makes it worse.

Bruin win had no effect on me any more than Loria winning had on Xpire. it was too bad Bruins had to win but Canucks losing was better for me and that is all that matters. Remember too, Puongo losing drove Xpire away for 6 months, win win.

I bet you had this pic in your house while you were rooting for the bruins too

zdeno.jpg

Oh you will. Guilt will make you.

While I understand Count's dilemma, I would probably "cheer" for the Flyers over the Bruins in a playoff series. But I would definitely cheer for the Bruins over the Leafs.

Back