• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

While I understand Count's dilemma, I would probably "cheer" for the Flyers over the Bruins in a playoff series. But I would definitely cheer for the Bruins over the Leafs.

I assuming this is because you can't stand their fans?

In reality, the Leafs have been irrelevant to the Habs for decades.

Winnipeg Jets: Head Coach Paul Maurice announces Mark Stuart is out until February with a lower body injury.

Another blow to the Jets' D.

We have one gently used Bryan Allen they can have for an 8th round draft pick. (Yes I know the draft is only 7 rounds long).

I don't believe we've ever played the Canucks in the playoffs.

I assume you thought I was talking about the Leafs when I said they've never been rivals. I may not have worded that very well. I meant that the Canucks have never been rivals and that nobody compares to the Bruins. Then I added that the Leafs could get there if we were to have a couple playoff rounds against them.

Ah...my bad. :cheers2: I do remember a series in the mid-seventies against the Canuks,pretty insignificant.
They may have won a game,not sure.

As an aside, I see that Fleury is now being tested for mumps. Bennett and Crosby have them. One of the main ways of transmitting is saliva. Not sure about Fleury but has Crosby ever been linked to a woman?

Things that make you go mmmmm

The Jets have acquired Jay Harrison from the Hurricanes for Ottawa's sixth-round pick in 2015.

Damn, I was hoping we'd dump a d on them.

Canes to keep 25% of Harrison's salary.

We have one gently used Bryan Allen they can have for an 8th round draft pick. (Yes I know the draft is only 7 rounds long).

Hell can we give him up for some expired mumps vaccine and a half roll of stick tape.

Stop being pussies "you don't have to live with them waaaaaah". There is absolutely no acceptable reason to cheer on a Bruin cup win.

There is only one team I would never in my life cheer for and as an old school fan it was bred into me as I have also done now for my kids and that is the LEAFS I am a HABS fan first and then a fan of any team playing the Leafs that includes the Bruins. I would cheer for a Bs win over a Leaf win any day of the week. I actually like the makeup of the Bs team from 2011 when they won the cup.

There is only one team I would never in my life cheer for and as an old school fan it was bred into me as I have also done now for my kids and that is the LEAFS I am a HABS fan first and then a fan of any team playing the Leafs that includes the Bruins. I would cheer for a Bs win over a Leaf win any day of the week. I actually like the makeup of the Bs team from 2011 when they won the cup.

So did I. :couch

I would not mind having a super elite goalie that hates obama either.

I always support the Leafs when they play Boston. I was bummed when they blew that 7th game lead against them but it was alleviated by its comedic relief.

I don't mind the Leafs to be honest, I grew up in an era when they were playing in a separate conference and I've never seen them play against the Habs in the playoffs, they mean nothing to me.

Back