• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

And thats the real tragedy of the Leafs franchise. Supposedly the jewel franchise of the NHL and yet they never really had the best player in the league at any given time.
darryl sittler was good but always behind Guy

Probably a stronger argument would be Habs had exclusive rights to Quebec players for awhile, which wasnt fair at all. But where are the Quebecois stars these days? Sadest article i read recently, Andre Savard quit his job as Quebec scout for the Pens because nobody was reading his scouting reports. They didnt think Quebec prospects were worth the trouble.
I can't believe a Hab fans buus into that myth.

Probably a stronger argument would be Habs had exclusive rights to Quebec players for awhile, which wasnt fair at all. But where are the Quebecois stars these days? Sadest article i read recently, Andre Savard quit his job as Quebec scout for the Pens because nobody was reading his scouting reports. They didnt think Quebec prospects were worth the trouble.

They didn't... but ok....

Looks like the Russian economic problems causing havoc to the KHL.

James Mirtle@mirtle

Three KHL teams may fold due to monetary issues related to crashing ruble and Russian economy. Some coaches haven't been paid anything.

James Mirtle@mirtle

Multiple sources confirming players on those three KHL teams haven't been paid this season: "Roughly one-third of KHL has serious problems."

James Mirtle@mirtle

Don't know exactly which teams are distressed enough to bow out of KHL but best guesses are Atlant, Bratislava and Riga. Major pain there.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/16/russias-economic-crisis-causing-big-trouble-for-khl/

I put the twitter comments here because there might be some KHL players available to sign sometime soon.

So that's how we're gonna get our big RW. We're gonna sign Kovalchuk.

Calgary Flames
The #Flames have signed head coach Bob Hartley to a multi-year contract extension!

I will cheer for a Bruins victory over Leafs every time. Well,cheer is not quite the word......I rarely watch.The two are in a class by themselves,with one ahead of the other.

I did take some pleasure from the game 7 Bruins comeback in the Leafs series.

Nope... Hab fans should never cheer for the Bruins... ever.

You don't have to live with the losers here in Vancouver and wall to wall smiling whales so you really don't know what it's like.

The Cannots losing was the best thing that could have happened to us here. Seeing them figuring it was over only to have the rug pulled out from under them was beautiful.

Meh... they're not even in the same conference and have never been a rival to the Habs... ever. No team even ranks on the hate chart compared to the Bruins. Perhaps if the Habs and Leafs meet a couple times in the playoffs they'll be there too... but for now it's the Bruins miles ahead of everyone else.

canuckfan is insufferable and still hasn't won anything, give them a Cup and they will be LeafFan with a reason to yap. wehave, lotus me et al easily shut them up now by saying win a cup then yap.

Back