• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Lou's best days are far behind him...#dinosaur

Lou has lost his fkn mind the last few years , this is an absolute brutal lineup ... a mish mash of washed up crap on the top 9 , moronic signings , trades , etc....

Lou Lamiorello's one of those guys, like Bob Gainey, who has stayed around too long and his reputation as a great GM has taken damage.

He's never been able to adapt to the new NHL. He still preaches a defensive, boring, no entertainment brand of hockey and has ultimately failed him with the exception of one fluke run. He has never bothered addressing his organization's major weakness in amateur scouting, although they have drafted much better in the last 4 years. Player procurement has been, for the most part, dreadful. How are those Michael Ryder and Ryan Clowe deals looking right now?

Looking at the Devils' scouting staff and it's almost all the same people who've been there forever. David Conte & Claude Carrier have been there since 1984. Ed Thomlinson since 1982. Marcel Pronovost since 1990. Bob Hoffmeyer & Lou Reycroft since 1993. Milt Fisher, Jan Ludvig & Dan Labraaten since 1994. I mean, they only have two scout there who's been around for less than five years, the rest have been there for 5+ years minimum.

But I guess it's Peter Deboer's he has no back up, the oldest and slowest team in the league, and that Michael Ryder is a ****ing useless player if he's not scoring.

Last edited:

I'll take one Jagr at the trade deadline.

Sekac - Plekanec - Jagr

Last year he didn't want anything to do with being traded. I dunno if that'd be any different now, but I wouldn't say no to Jagr.

I'll take one Jagr at the trade deadline.

Sekac - Plekanec - Jagr
Yup, my sentiments too. Best potential low cost high reward deadline move for the Habs, given Jagr's chemistry w Plekanec & grooming/development of Sekac.

He's slow, but this team doesn't really use its speed very effectively anyway. Plus, Jagr could still help on the PP.

He's slow, but this team doesn't really use its speed very effectively anyway. Plus, Jagr could still help on the PP.
Yup - that's my thinking too, the best half boards player Habs have had since Kovalev.

It seems as though The Mortician, a/k/a Count Jacquesula, is the front runner to be the Devils new head coach.

Back