• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Logically it seems very counterproductive to acquire a 31 year old center who's best years are behind him if you're a team rebuilding....but they may need to acquire more veterans to start stabilizing things over there.

It was a win win either way. I just can't get over how the leafs can score like that. Two shots and two goals.

They consistently do it also, that's what is mind boggling.

They can get out shot 40 to 15 but score three goals and win games

Ya. Didnt we actually want the Bolts to lose?
two ways to look at it. one, yes as would bring is closer to first. second, it is better to distance ourselves from tje wild card teams and secure the playoff berth.

Seriously, I don't think Arcobello is great, but he's better than Derek Roy.

If the whole thing is about the 50 contract limit (and it must be since Roy cleared waivers earlier in the day) why not trade one of your four minor league goalies (Richard Backman is 27 and is your AHL backup, would you really miss him) or 24 year old forward Kellen Lain who looks every bit a bust, or Anton Lander who is in the minors and clearly has no future in Edmonton.

Trade to who? Nobody wants your crap to clog their contract list. Even in NHL2015 it doesn't work.

Four of the 10 hits by current or former Habs...

[video=youtube;nrzSgblgMaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrzSgblgMaA[/video]
It's hilarious how much of a pussy that shows Lucic to be. Every time someone hits him he has a hissy fit and goes after them. Except of course when it's Engelland who could destroy him.

Meanwhile, in the Spengler Cup semi-finals... Guy Boucher lost it against the refs.

Canada was down 5-0 to Davos before cutting the lead and eventually getting one behind when it was 6-5, before the refs called a too many men on the ice penalty before a faceoff because Canada had 6 players on. Not in the middle of play, before the play actually happened.

[video=youtube;LjpvWOOwug4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpvWOOwug4[/video]

So, the Oilers are sending Leon Draisaitl back to the WHL this week.

Sounds like he'll end up in Kelowna.

How to rush prospects 101, written by Edmonton Oilers with the foreword written by Jacques Lemaire.

I don't think he played enough games to be one year closer to his UFAcy, but they did burn the first year of his deal. I think he would have needed to play 40 games to be one year closer to being a UFA.

I really wish I still worked in Kelowna, with Morrissey and Draisaitl joining Bowey & Chartier, not to mention potential 2015 first rounder Nick Merkley... Jesus, what a great looking team.

Olli Jokinen gets his first assist of the season...in his 36th game. Wow.

Back