• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

The Panthers have signed Nick Bjugstad to a six-year, $24.6 million extension... $4.1 million AAV.

Very fair for both sides .... For almost 500k more than 11 he has way more upside with size

You ever going to let it go?

While we're airing the dirty laundry:

1- We should've given Subban his 5 mil contract 2 yrs ago
2- We should've drafted Carter instead of the Bust
3- We should have drafted Simon Gagne instead of Eric Chouinard
4- We should've drafted Denis Savard instead of Doug Wickenheiser

the best "should haves" are:

keep McDo and draft Giroux instead of Fischer.

We're knocking on Lord Stanley's door.

You ever going to let it go?

Nope. Not for the amount of stupid replies I received from people trying to defend 'em.

It's funny how no other organization signs their star players to bridge deals, minus Colorado.

Nope. Not for the amount of stupid replies I received from people trying to defend 'em.

It's funny how no other organization signs their star players to bridge deals, minus Colorado.
Reading the two long in depth articles about Subban gives a lot of insights about why. Simply put, they had major question marks about his character. Don't forget that they didn't know him personally and didn't had much chances to get acquainted because of the lockout. They played the safe card.

Perhaps but that still doesnt explain why Bergevin wanted to let arbitrator decide and how it took Molson stepping in at the last moment to get the deal done.

Reading the two long in depth articles about Subban gives a lot of insights about why. Simply put, they had major question marks about his character. Don't forget that they didn't know him personally and didn't had much chances to get acquainted because of the lockout. They played the safe card.

Bergevin didn't know Price & Pacioretty either, heck he gave them both long term contracts before watching them play a single regular season game, but no matter what their reasoning was for Subban, their plan blew up in their faces and it is Bergevin's biggest ****up.

Yeah, Subban have a $9M caphit instead of a $5.5M caphit doesn't hurt us at all. Not one bit.

We also benefited from his low cap hit the past 2 years and now he's locked up forever.

Bergevin didn't know Price & Pacioretty either, heck he gave them both long term contracts before watching them play a single regular season game, but no matter what their reasoning was for Subban, their plan blew up in their faces and it is Bergevin's biggest ****up.

Both Max and Carey were coming up bridge contracts so he didn't have that option with them.

It did blew up in their face but I can understand going to more prudent route in this case. And seeing PK play this season, something tells me that they were not wrong. He needed the extra push and more discipline and there is no telling how it would have panned out if he had been given his big contract right away.

Back