• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Good. Keeps the habs in the hunt for the presidents trophy

Last edited:

Neither were impending UFAs, he didn't "have" to give them longterm deals. Both could have gotten another bridge deal. MaxPac was coming off his first full year as a pro & Price didn't have the greatest of years, even though he wasn't terrible either. Bergevin didn't get to know them at the end of the season, the players had long since left for a vacation. He didn't get a real training camp to see the players' preparation either, there was the lockout. But there was PK's reputation of being a loud black man who looked like his persona was more fitted to play basketball or football instead of being an oreo like Jarome Iginla. I don't buy the notion that they didn't sign him because they didn't know him.

I don't think PK needed the extra push, I just think that like a lot of players over the span of their careers, he's having a bad year. Every players on the team's had a bad year or two. If PK keeps it up like this for the rest of the year & starts off next season poorly, then I'd have to agree with you. The expectations on him are much different now than they were a year ago. Now everybody has their eyes on him and he's expected to be the clear-cut #1 d-man on the team and has to shoulder some of the leadership. I think what has made it clear for me this season is that he shouldn't be captain. Pacioretty should be the captain, even though the unofficial captain will always be Price.

Both Max and Price were eligible for arbitration, they had leverage. Completely different situation. Max had just scored 33 goals as well.

Both Max and Price were eligible for arbitration, they had leverage. Completely different situation. Max had just scored 33 goals as well.

Price did, yes, but MaxPac had a full year left on his deal before we signed him to the extension.

The Penguins have acquired David Perron from the Oilers for a 2015 first-round pick and Rob Klinkhammer.

Last edited:

Yup - For the first time (I can recall) Sid has a pure snipper on his wing.

I wouldn't call Perron a pure sniper. He's a dangler, a skill guy, that has a tendency to hang on the puck too long and not shoot enough. Only 5 goals this season, less than 2 shots per game.

I would probably give up a first for Perron.

That's a good trade for Pittsburgh.

A lot of love for a guy who in 7 years has put up more than 50 points twice.

DD must be worth a top 10 pick.

If the Oilers pick first again im gonna be pissed. Something wrong with that picture

Back