• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Late first round picks are the most overrated assets in hockey.

Perron will probably explode offensively just like everyone else who is put on Crosby or Malkin's wing. And for a team that is clearly in win-now mode like Pittsburgh, giving up a first round pick in the 23-26 range isn't a big price to pay.

Good deal for the pens as it addresses a need. The pens also have had extra first round picks recently. This deal won't hurt them in the future. Perron is also young and signed to a good contract for next season,

Would you have traded Michael MacCarron for David Perron? Or Kyle Chipchura? Or David Fischer, Leblanc, Tinordi, Beaulieu?

We only have one really good mid to late first round picks in the last 15 years. While Scherbak looks really, really good right now, there's no guarantee he makes it to the NHL. He wouldn't be the first or the last to look awesome in Junior and stumble at the pro level, even though I doubt that'll be the case for him.

TBD: MacCarron, Scherbak
Good: Pacioretty,
Ok: Tinordi, Beaulieu
Bust: Leblanc, Fischer, Chipchura,

And that's with one of the best scouting staffs in the league. So yeah, I would definitely have traded a late first for a 26 year old established player who at the very worst gets ~20 goals & 45 points per year.

Let's not forget that the Pens will likely only get 1 1/2 years of servce from Perron...

This draft is stacked and its not just thr top 2. Much more depth than last year

I don't know if I'd call Perron "gifted", at least not relative to the players he's up against, but I would say he's very skilled.

Christine Simpson
Just ran into Nazem Kadri walking out of the dressing room in his street clothes so safe to say he is not playing tonight.

Penguins up 3-0 on the Lightning in the first period. Bishop gets chased.

Elliotte Friedman
Giroux was cut by a skate in the back of his leg...could see blood on the sock. Good luck to him, no one needs to see that.

Frank Seravalli: Word circulating around Flyers' locker room is that Giroux "got lucky." No update yet from team.

Back