• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

I hate these outdoor games myself but at what point do the Habs stop being on everyone's wish list and have one of these games in Quebec? **** Boston.

Don't really have a big enough outdoor venue. NHL wants maximum payoff. Plus it can be painfully cold here

I hate these outdoor games myself but at what point do the Habs stop being on everyone's wish list and have one of these games in Quebec? **** Boston.
I think the lack of an outdoor stadium is the issue. Percival Molson isn't big enough for the league.

The Stars have claimed David Schlemko off waivers from the Coyotes.

The bruins lose in ot to the sens. That team could very well miss the playoffs.

Last edited:

The bruins lose in ot to the sens. That team could very well miss the playoffs.

The Bruins are no longer the big bad Bruins and scare no one . I told my die hard Bruin fan buddy , its time to move Lucic while he has some value , the last thing they need is another long term mega deal on their cap. Time to suck it up and start parting with key vets and start a retool .

The Bruins are no longer the big bad Bruins and scare no one . I told my die hard Bruin fan buddy , its time to move Lucic while he has some value , the last thing they need is another long term mega deal on their cap. Time to suck it up and start parting with key vets and start a retool .

It is time for them to retool. Chara isn't getting any younger. Lucic does nothing most nights. Your right get something good for him while you can.

Holy shit.

Nashville was up 5-1 on LA and up 6-3 with ~2 mins left in the game before tying it.

Overtime is on Sportsnet.

And Roman Josi wins it for Nashville 17 seconds in.

The toughest part of being a GM is knowing when to walk away from a player or admit its time to start over and change is needed , most just will just keep the core and pray it works out just to make the playoffs.

It is time for them to retool. Chara isn't getting any younger. Lucic does nothing most nights. Your right get something good for him while you can.

I hope they keep Chara and don't trade Lucic. That'll keep them from being good.

I hope they trade Marchand. Yeah, the guy's a complete **** but he's a good hockey player. Boston will be dumb and sell him low, but he'll flourish somewhere else.

I don't care what people say about the guys they got for Seguin but that trade was just horrible...they likely traded one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league for the next decade

Chia-pet said last year after being eliminated by the Habs last spring, the org would be changing the way they play, focusing more on speed & skill going fwd.

As for Lucic, I expect he'll be dealt, as I don't expect Chia-pet to cough up top $ on a 7 or 8yr deal to a 28-yr old Lucic - since players like him tend to pull a "Laracque" post-30, shying away of the rough stuff. Unfortunately I can't see Lucic being successful playing a finesse game.

What's hurt the Bruins IMO, is their horrible drafting record (during Chia-pets reign) other than gimmes like Kessel, Seguin, Marchand, and Dougie, which is why I Chia-pet likely canned his TT equivalent. Oh yeah, the Bruins disastrous Patrick Roy deal (aka Seguin) didn't help any...

NHLDevilsPR ‏
With the hat trick, Jagr (714) moves within three goals of Phil Esposito for fifth on the all-time #NHL list.

Tony Marinaro
Jaromir Jagr hattrick. Guess I'm not the only 42 year old who scores 3 times on a Saturday night....

Nick Kypreos is an absolute moron. How can they not find anyone better for Saturday night hockey?

Chia-pet said last year after being eliminated by the Habs last spring, the org would be changing the way they play, focusing more on speed & skill going fwd.

As for Lucic, I expect he'll be dealt, as I don't expect Chia-pet to cough up top $ on a 7 or 8yr deal to a 28-yr old Lucic - since players like him tend to pull a "Laracque" post-30, shying away of the rough stuff. Unfortunately I can't see Lucic being successful playing a finesse game.

What's hurt the Bruins IMO, is their horrible drafting record (during Chia-pets reign) other than gimmes like Kessel, Seguin, Marchand, and Dougie, which is why I Chia-pet likely canned his TT equivalent. Oh yeah, the Bruins disastrous Patrick Roy deal (aka Seguin) didn't help any...

I think that Chiarelli comment was about his fourth line & why they wouldn't be re-signing Thornton.

I don't think Lucic ever gets dealt as long as Cam Neely has a say in things. I would be really, really surprised. Neely is in love with Lucic.

And yeah, their amateur scouting has been terrible. They've just drafted a real good player in David Pastrnak this year, but they literally have no depth on defense. Every prospect they have is mediocre at best.

Back