• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

CapGeek is closing down. Ugh.

Effective immediately, Jan. 3, 2015, CapGeek.com has permanently ceased operations. This sudden decision is made with a heavy heart and is due to the personal health of CapGeek.com founder and director Matthew Wuest. While this decision may raise many questions, it is requested that you respect Matthew's privacy and wish for no media or purchase inquiries. Thank you for your co-operation and understanding at this difficult time.

Capgeek was the best hockey resource site available. I really hope it'll be back up some day...

If not, then nhlnumbers.com :/

Pall Maurice has to be in the discussion for coach of the year.

Jets demolish the Laffs 5-1, ties with the Blues.

Pall Maurice has to be in the discussion for coach of the year.

Jets demolish the Laffs 5-1, ties with the Blues.

Not really. They're playing the same this year as they did last year, only exception is they don't have the Czech Sieve, Ondrej Pavelec, starting 75% of the games & ruining their season.

If they had elite goaltending last year, they would have been one of the top teams in the West.

For those of you who enjoy Tarannah's misery, this is their corsi from tonight:

B6eQtLECcAAYL_k.jpg

Capgeek was the best hockey resource site available. I really hope it'll be back up some day...

Agree. It was an invaluable resource. I marvelled at how quickly they updated the numbers after every trade.

Do you blame them? This board would be going nuts under similar circumstances.
why are they shocked tho, the same bunch of losers blew a 4-1 lead with nine to go in 2013 and lost what eight in row to lose a playoff berth last year. They simply are not that good.

I'm wondering if it's really health issues or something more.

Sad news about Cap Geek and Matthew Wuest.

He worked the Mooseheads' beat here in Halifax for many years. I had heard he was having health issues a while back, but didn't know it would come to this.

Sad news - the site was truly the best site out there for cap info. Sorry to hear about his health issues. I had kind of assumed the site was run by some illuminati-like conspiracy of NHL insiders, because I know every time I saw a trade happen in the NHL, I would go to capgeek and the players were already on their new teams. With the amount it was used, I do hope that he made a tidy profit on the whole from it.

The Oilers have officially assigned Leon Draisaitl to junior.

Sounds like the Rangers will do the same with Anthony Duclair after the world juniors.

Back