• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Maybe we're looking at the AS voting the wrong way -- players might prefer a few days off so getting
voted in is some sort of punishment. Personally, I haven't watched the game in a decade.

Edit: DK beat me to it.

As dumb as the game is and as meaningless as it may seem. All star appearances mean something to the players... and their agents ;)

As dumb as the game is and as meaningless as it may seem. All star appearances mean something to the players... and their agents ;)

Even if they have to wear those uniforms?

Nice ceremony in Anaheim for Teemu Selanne's retirement of his number. If any of you had doubts about where Buttman's loyalties lie, I think tonight was proof positive that he loves his US Southern franchises. There he was giving a speech. Can you see him at a similar ceremony up in Canada?

Nice ceremony in Anaheim for Teemu Selanne's retirement of his number. If any of you had doubts about where Buttman's loyalties lie, I think tonight was proof positive that he loves his US Southern franchises. There he was giving a speech. Can you see him at a similar ceremony up in Canada?

We (Canadian teams) would never invite him to do so.

Buttman's job is to grow the game in the US. He does the league no good by shilling in Canada where the game is already as popular as can be.

I am thankful for his absence.

I remember in 2009 when Habs fans loaded up the ballots and the league removed votes to
prevent Habs from having all their players as starters....

I guess they are ok with Chicago fans doing this because it's a US market....
Yeah I remember that, atrocious

The Leafs have reportedly recalled William Nylander from MODO.

Hmm. Interesting.

Nylander will report to the Marlies.

Damien Cox: Like Connor Brown, plan with William Nylander is not to recall him to the NHL this season, regardless of injuries to Leafs.

I'm kind of glad Subban got snubbed. He tends to elevate his game whenever he gets snubbed.

Renaud Lavoie
3 étoiles de la semaine lnh: Backes, Varlamov and Huberdeau Named NHL ‘Three Stars’ of the Week.

Cörey Masisak
Norris candidates in tiers. Tier 1: Doughty, Keith. Tier 2: Gio, Brodie, Subban. Tier 3: Weber, Karlsson, Petro, Leddy, E. Johnson, Letang

Dustin Byfuglien All-star defenceman?

The guy played RW until all the injuries hit on the Jets blueline in December.

Hes played 2/3rds of the games (to this point in the season) as a RW... how is he an all-star defenceman?

Cörey Masisak
Norris candidates in tiers. Tier 1: Doughty, Keith. Tier 2: Gio, Brodie, Subban. Tier 3: Weber, Karlsson, Petro, Leddy, E. Johnson, Letang

I like Giordano this year. Doughty and Keith are benefiting from strong teams.

Back