• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Hablov etc... Its normal , GTA is the media capital of Canada including sports and guess what is the # 1 sports team here...unfortunately...

Peter Laviolette really has been quite successful in the league. Like most coaches his shelf life may run out after awhile, but Carolina and Philly did well with him, and no surprise to see him doing well with Nashville now.

He also inherited a pretty good team. Easier to look good when you have a Vezina caliber goalie & Norris caliber d-man + a lot of defensive depth.

The Bruins seem to have a good one in Pastrnuk(sp?). Was he drafted before our turn? Anyway,we seem to have maybe done alright.

Nashville still not getting much respect in Vegas.

Nobody was talking about Nashville before the season. He was the right guy.

I was. I look at it this way: Barry Trotz led that team with AHL goaltending for 75% of the season to 4 points out of the playoffs in the Western conference. If they had Pekka Rinne, the make the playoffs and quite possibly have home ice advantage in the first round. Then you add some offense to the team and suddenly they'Re first in the West. I'm not surprised at all. I don't think they'll go far in the playoffs because cream puffs like Ribeiro will fold, but I still think they can win a round.

The Bruins seem to have a good one in Pastrnuk(sp?). Was he drafted before our turn? Anyway,we seem to have maybe done alright.

Yeah, David Pastrnak is pretty good. He's having a great season in the AHL at 18 years old, which is almost unheard of. He was taken right before we took Scherbak.

I was. I look at it this way: Barry Trotz led that team with AHL goaltending for 75% of the season to 4 points out of the playoffs in the Western conference. If they had Pekka Rinne, the make the playoffs and quite possibly have home ice advantage in the first round. Then you add some offense to the team and suddenly they'Re first in the West. I'm not surprised at all. I don't think they'll go far in the playoffs because cream puffs like Ribeiro will fold, but I still think they can win a round.

Oh yes, I agree. I had them in the playoffs. Poile made the change at the right time maybe-things were getting stale there, but injuries derailed last year for them for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if Minny fires Mike Yeo sooner rather than later. The Wild is under-performing (mostly because they have no goaltending) and Yeo had that outburst a few days ago.

Renaud Lavoie
#canadiens Carey Price will be at the All Star game. Only Habs player selected.

Yeah, David Pastrnak is pretty good. He's having a great season in the AHL at 18 years old, which is almost unheard of. He was taken right before we took Scherbak.

Poirier is another rookie thats doing alright , 24 points in 30 games in the AHL. 6'2" , 200 pound forward with skill, born in Montreal...hmmm. Habs just miss out on these guys it seems.

Goalies:
Sergei Bobrovsky (CBJ)
Corey Crawford* (CHI)
Jimmy Howard (DET)
Roberto Luongo (FLA)
Carey Price (MTL)
Pekka Rinne (NSH)

Defencemen:
Brent Burns (SJ)
Dustin Byfuglien (WPG)
Drew Doughty (LA)