• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

Poirier is another rookie thats doing alright , 24 points in 30 games in the AHL. 6'2" , 200 pound forward with skill, born in Montreal...hmmm. Habs just miss out on these guys it seems.

Poirier was a guy I was hoping would be around for one of our early seconds. Most draft guides had him as early to mid second rounder. He was taken ahead of where most projected he'd go.

But yeah, he was picked 22nd and we had the 25th pick. Imagine if we had passed up on him? Gaston Therrien and other closet xenophobes would never let the Habs hear the end of it.

The unwritten rule that every team has to have one player participate has to stop. There's no reason Karlsson & Subban didn't make the All Star game, they were made for shit like this.

Plus, I'd rather Price take the nights off and rest a little.

When a guy like Zemgus Girgensons leads all vote getters.... it is time for a change.

LAKingsPR
Tyler Toffoli will not play tonight. He is out with mono. No timetable for return.

Less than seven minutes into the game, the Jets are up 3-0 on the Kings.

Three goals on four shots against Quick.

Pierre LeBrun
Teemu Selanne gets his No. 8 raised to the rafters in Anaheim tonight.

Tom Gulitti
Elias said he feels bad for players from other teams who deserve to be all-stars and aren't "because of a slug like me."

funny thing...Gomez has 12 points in 20 games...translate that to 40 games, he would be one point behind Jagr for the team lead.

I remember in 2009 when Habs fans loaded up the ballots and the league removed votes to
prevent Habs from having all their players as starters....

I guess they are ok with Chicago fans doing this because it's a US market....

I remember in 2009 when Habs fans loaded up the ballots and the league removed votes to
prevent Habs from having all their players as starters....

I guess they are ok with Chicago fans doing this because it's a US market....

I forgot about that LOL. What a joke.

Philadelphia Flyers
Injury Update: Steve Mason is expected to be out up to two weeks with a lower-body injury, per GM Ron Hextall.

The all star game is just plain boring..I don't even think 3/4 of the players want to go and would rather have the time off

Maybe we're looking at the AS voting the wrong way -- players might prefer a few days off so getting
voted in is some sort of punishment. Personally, I haven't watched the game in a decade.

Edit: DK beat me to it.

Back