• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

That's the question I was asking myself, was I enjoying it back then because I was a kid and was it really more fun?

we also never really got to see all the stars (at least i never did with a kid)

now we can see sid once or twice a week

we also never really got to see all the stars (at least i never did with a kid)

now we can see sid once or twice a week

if you sit there and watch nothing but hockey

I paid for Centre Ice and cheerfully admit that maybe I have watched one hour of non Canadiens' games. Too much other good stuff on tv to watch nothing but hockey.

The fans who hate him stopped going to games after the 2011 implosion. Only the blind homers still spend money on tickets anymore, which is why they don't sell out many of their games. Vancouver is a fairweather market full of wannabe's. No serious fan would cheer Luongo after his repeated failure in big games.

That's the question I was asking myself, was I enjoying it back then because I was a kid and was it really more fun?

The ASG was fun back in the days before unfettered free agency because it was one of the only opportunities to see certain players play as teammates. You'd get to see Bobby Orr play alongside Brad Park or Jacques Laperriere. You'd see Rod Gilbert play alongside Yvan Cournoyer. Back then, there wasn't a lot of player movement so seeing this was a novelty. Nowadays players change teams all the time so seeing certain players play with certain others isn't a big deal. And as time has gone on the game itself has become less and less competitive. It's a farce now. I've seen intrasquad scrimmages played with more passion than the ASG.

The Blue Jackets have signed Sergei Bobrovsky to a four-year, $29.7 million extension... $7.425 million AAV.

The fans who hate him stopped going to games after the 2011 implosion. Only the blind homers still spend money on tickets anymore, which is why they don't sell out many of their games. Vancouver is a fairweather market full of wannabe's. No serious fan would cheer Luongo after his repeated failure in big games.

Why exactly is that considered an implosion anyway?

if you sit there and watch nothing but hockey

I paid for Centre Ice and cheerfully admit that maybe I have watched one hour of non Canadiens' games. Too much other good stuff on tv to watch nothing but hockey.

Same as me. However, I don't watch any TV other than Habs, Jays and the occasional News.

No one should watch a lot of TV. Esp those with families like us.

The Flames have acquired Drew Shore from the Panthers in exchange for Corban Knight.

Peter Laviolette really has been quite successful in the league. Like most coaches his shelf life may run out after awhile, but Carolina and Philly did well with him, and no surprise to see him doing well with Nashville now.

It's giddy in Leaf land. Even the level headed are proclaiming Horachek a hero

It's funny how even the most ardent stat heads can lose their calculators after two good periods, ignoring all notions of sample size.

The Leafs are in 10th in the East. I know we like to talk about them, but they are hilariously irrelevant.

You. You like to talk about them. Habsforever too.

Back