• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

They don't need a complete rebuild. Zeke assures me that the numbers prove that the Leafs are just as good as the Habs, if not better.

hell just a month ago, Mindz pretty much called me an idiot for saying we were better as he had no idea how I could come to that conclusion.

Really the Leafs are a disaster. There is a reason why they've made the playoffs once in last 10 years.

That's pathetic. It's easy to make the playoffs in the NHL.

Look at the Habs. They hide behind their goalie and have a terrible coach. Yet, they are a playoff lock for the foreseeable future.

It's not easy to make the playoffs in the NHL. Only half the teams + 1 makes it.

It does take a lot of skill to miss 9 of 10 years :)

I remember back in the old hockeyboards.com days when we missed 3 years in a row, Beleafer saying the Leafs have never missed 3 in a row unlike the Habs. #oops

It does take a lot of skill to miss 9 of 10 years :)

I remember back in the old hockeyboards.com days when we missed 3 years in a row, Beleafer saying the Leafs have never missed 3 in a row unlike the Habs. #oops

That takes a lot of skills indeed. Streak like the Leafs, the Panthers and the Oilers are pretty incredible.

The year they did make it was a half year on top of it...so when was the last time they made it on a full legit schedule?

Comparing the NHL most other NA pro leagues, it's easy to make the playoffs in hockey. Regardless, it's almost mind blowing how bad that franchise is.

Same as NBA, harder than NFL and especially baseball, that's for sure.

Halfway through the NJD - Boston game, the shots are 29-4 for Bawstun. Bawstun played in Pittsburgh last night.

Jesus the Devils ****ing suck. Looks good on 'em.

Strombone
Let's have some fun tonight eh guys!

The local Vancouver sports radio station did a poll question today that blew up their phone and internet: "Should Luongo's number be retired by the Canucks?"

The nicest thing I can say about it is that the majority of respondents were not in favour. They didn't mince their words, either. Indeed, why should he get a banner when he's mainly responsible for the team not having a Cup banner due to his predictable big game implosion?

Hmmm

Roberto Luongo returns to Rogers Arena for the first time since his blockbuster trade to Florida last spring, and will face his former team in Florida Panthers livery. Will the Stanley Cup finalist and Olympic gold medal-winning netminder be cheered or booed by Canucks fans?

Thank you for voting!

CHEERED: He was a Canucks star for nearly eight seasons, arguably their best goalie ever. 95.31%

JEERED: Forget sentiment; he’s on the other team now, and besides, he wilted under pressure with the Stanley Cup on the line in 2011. 4.69%

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...eers+Luongo/10710118/story.html#ixzz3OFLfQ4L8

I wish both of those teams could suck, but alas...

So Bawstun outshot the NJD 43-14, winning 3-0. So much for Lou having an impact on the team he put together.

Ed Willes
Standing O for Lui while the video plays. A visibly moved Luongo lifts his mask, taps his heart and waves to the crowd. First class.

Back