• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

The Leafs are in trouble big time. No coach, no defence, no goaltending and no major prospects. Nylander and MR are not game changers.

Tough situation.

Add to that a number of players locked into long term deals, kessel, dion, clarkson, Gardner and lupul.

Well, they're not game changers right now, because no duh, they're barely legal adults. But 2-3 years from now? Rielly's really, really good and Nylander is immensely talented.

Add to that a number of players locked into long term deals, kessel, dion, clarkson, Gardner and lupul.

I think of those deals, only Clarkson is unmoveable. Maybe Lupul, but only because he's injured too often. I think the rest of those deals could get moved, though.

Are the top three in the Atlantic set only halfway through the season? Seems like it.

Looks like no honeymoon for the #mightyleafs. A team with terrible D and bad goaltending just won't win many games regardless of how many goals they score.

They're in rough shape.

A 5 year complete rebuild is needed there. However the fans and local media won't allow it to happen.

They don't need a complete rebuild. Zeke assures me that the numbers prove that the Leafs are just as good as the Habs, if not better.

The Leafs are not a complete disaster like most make them out to be, they have some good assets to move forward with.

Michael Russo: Former North Star J.P. Parise, father of Wild winger Zach Parise, dies at 73.

Michael Russo: Former North Star J.P. Parise, father of Wild winger Zach Parise, dies at 73.

Didn't he just get diagnosed with lung cancer last week...or was it that he had lung cancer and was not doing well last week.

I think of those deals, only Clarkson is unmoveable. Maybe Lupul, but only because he's injured too often. I think the rest of those deals could get moved, though.

Sounds about right. IMO the leafs need a solid re-tool. Let some of these young kids play. Give spott the team and ask him to develop and work on a system for now and the future. Give him some assurance his job is safe for a couple of years. The leafs drafted rielly and nylander after crappy seasons. Those are two good prospects. They need more of that. If you look at the core of the team none of those guys were drafted. You need to draft your core then surround them by bringing in guys via trade and ufa.

Roberto Luongo returns to Rogers Arena for the first time since his blockbuster trade to Florida last spring, and will face his former team in Florida Panthers livery. Will the Stanley Cup finalist and Olympic gold medal-winning netminder be cheered or booed by Canucks fans?

Thank you for voting!

CHEERED: He was a Canucks star for nearly eight seasons, arguably their best goalie ever. 95.31%

JEERED: Forget sentiment; he’s on the other team now, and besides, he wilted under pressure with the Stanley Cup on the line in 2011. 4.69%

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...eers+Luongo/10710118/story.html#ixzz3OFLfQ4L8

Statement from the Parise family.

After a brave battle with lung cancer, J.P. Parise passed away peacefully at home Wednesday night with his family by his side. We appreciate the outpouring of support we have received from family, friends and the entire hockey community during this difficult time. J.P. was a great husband, father and grandpa and will be greatly missed by all of us.

Funeral arrangements will be announced at a later time.

JP Parise. I was really hoping he would take out that referee (Kompala?) in the 72 series. Emotions were that high everywhere. I remember it like yesterday. Guess its a good thing he didn't.

JP was a bit of a darkhorse to make that team, and did well. Another one gone from the group. (Bergman,Goldsworthy,any more?)

The Leafs are not a complete disaster like most make them out to be, they have some good assets to move forward with.

They always blame their coaches and goalies. Maybe ,,, just maybe their players besides a select few are not very good.

Really the Leafs are a disaster. There is a reason why they've made the playoffs once in last 10 years.

That's pathetic. It's easy to make the playoffs in the NHL.

Look at the Habs. They hide behind their goalie and have a terrible coach. Yet, they are a playoff lock for the foreseeable future.

Back