• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Not sure I see the purpose at this level/for individual players. Makes more sense to block teams representing Russia from competing in international competitions both because of the "sportswashing"/propaganda aspect, and because Russian national teams can't be trusted re: doping.

Not sure I see the purpose at this level/for individual players. Makes more sense to block teams representing Russia from competing in international competitions both because of the "sportswashing"/propaganda aspect, and because Russian national teams can't be trusted re: doping.
so I felt this way too for a time. but guys like Ovie are quite literally part of the Russian regime's propaganda machine. knowing that, inaction to me is equivalent to an endorsement or support. and this is as black and white an issue as they come.

so I felt this way too for a time. but guys like Ovie are quite literally part of the Russian regime's propaganda machine. knowing that, inaction to me is equivalent to an endorsement or support. and this is as black and white an issue as they come.

I think it's a totally fair point, just not sure how much sense it makes for 16 year olds who Russia would probably prefer staying in the KHL.

I think it's a totally fair point, just not sure how much sense it makes for 16 year olds who Russia would probably prefer staying in the KHL.
yeah I mean ultimately you are punishing folks for actions that they may have had no part in. I guess I just see it as necessary for the 'long game' - I don't think the kind of change that needs to happen occurs without the Russian populus feeling more misery, unfortunately.

part of me wants them to come to the CHL so they can get out of the propaganda world
but then i hear the stories of kids being raped in ukraine.....nah - fuck all of russia

sure but the sanctions are probably hurting people WAAAY more than not allowing a handful of russian hockey players to play in the CHL

ch1 being anti sanctions and presto being anti vax

2022 is the best

Exactly… Russian hockey players are already hurt by economic sanctions as citizens. Now these teens can’t follow their hockey dreams because some guy they never voted for is a war criminal? GTFO

sure but the sanctions are probably hurting people WAAAY more than not allowing a handful of russian hockey players to play in the CHL

ch1 being anti sanctions and presto being anti vax

2022 is the best

The smartest ones are the ones that occasionally surprise you. Don’t be a predictable moran.

Exactly… Russian hockey players are already hurt by economic sanctions as citizens. Now these teens can’t follow their hockey dreams because some guy they never voted for is a war criminal? GTFO
no good russians ever come to the CHL anyway
radulov being the best i could find

Reactions: CH1
but you cannot separate this from the reality that these same teens then become props of an oppressive regime of raping imperialists. and these props are used to shore up domestic support for their ongoing campaigns of rape and pillage.

Back