• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

still can't skate.

TBay ain't nearly as deep as they were.

I would bet money that the lightening dont even finish on top of the division this year.
I already will have Preston's, mz and gordos 50 bucks for the nylander bet lol.

Just noticed that not only did Point need surgery on both his hips this summer, but Hedman isn't practicing for some reason, and some suspect lingering concussion symptoms.

Watching Gardiner play, I'm more than happy Cale Fleury is playing for the habs instead.

Also think Florida is overrated, as always. Two lines of forwards with toi-inflated stats and not much else.

Never fall for the magic goalie trick.

And what was with the weird stars hype this off season, anyways?
Apparently because they took the blues to OT in game 7 it means they're really good. They also added declining Pavelski, so now they're not a one line team or something.

The Stars are a one line team, but that line is pretty awesome (Benn-Seguin-Radulov-Klingberg-Heiskanen). They don't have the depth to contend but they should be a playoff team again in the shitty west.

Thing is benn and Seguin aren't nearly as awesome as their rep suggests. Another duo with hugely toi-inflated numbers.

Individually their reps may be overrated, although Benn's production rates are pretty damn good.

But as a line they are legit awesome. 64.94 GF% and 56.68% xGF% over the last 2 years.

And thats completely ignoring the D who are probably their two best players.

Heh. Luke did get that $18M deal from Burke before the hockey world figured out he's a plug. So his 'lil bro will be the high roller of the two, but at least he probably won't have to take a job selling insurance when he retires from playing.

Back