• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

It's tough to score a lot at 38 on a bad team without much help.

Thing is, last year’s Caps also sucked, and 37 year-old Ovi didn’t have much help on that squad other. Yet he still scored 42 goals & 75 points.

So I don’t think the team aspect really explains his drop-off this year.

Ovi's "Please no war" stuff was so weak. it was forced out of him.
Gretzky was always all class. He never even said a peep about NHL owing him millions.

Thing is, last year’s Caps also sucked, and 37 year-old Ovi didn’t have much help on that squad other. Yet he still scored 42 goals & 75 points.

So I don’t think the team aspect really explains his drop-off this year.

Team is actually one of the surprises of the season, one less win than the Leafs with a game in hand.

Doing pretty well, but not really close in quality to us I don't think. Hopefully numbers will correct a bit now that Reaves and Klingberg are island castaways.

Doing pretty well, but not really close in quality to us I don't think. Hopefully numbers will correct a bit now that Reaves and Klingberg are island castaways.

Wasn’t actually comparing the teams (it’s not particularly close tbh) just using Leafs as a reference to point out Caps haven’t been a trainwreck (so far) dragging Ovy down

Back