• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

When do we start putting slafkovsky among the worst 1st overalls ever?
Probably a little longer than 72 games into his career.

I definitely don't think he's ever going to live up to what you hope to get out of a 1st overall... but I think he's going to be a solid player. Sucks that we finally got 1st overall in a shit year.

Probably a little longer than 72 games into his career.

I definitely don't think he's ever going to live up to what you hope to get out of a 1st overall... but I think he's going to be a solid player. Sucks that we finally got 1st overall in a shit year.
Yeah, that's legit the worst. I kinda feel bad for you guys, to be honest.

You'd think any year you finish with the top pick, you should land a superstar. It's kinda crazy that it's even possible for all the hockey development out there to not produce a few clear cut monsters for the top of the draft every single year (it does some years, but not all).

Markets like Phoenix area and Atlanta they just won't let-go due to their size. That said, it's absurd to think of NHL with 33 teams.

Obviously the problem with the....second time they tried a team was that the arena was too centrally located when it actually needed to be in the deep , deep suburbs.

Took a quick look at the location, shockingly there is no mass transit access worth a damn and calling it an Atlanta team would be like putting the Leafs in Oshawa, Vaughan or Burlington and calling them a Toronto team.

My take on this is that there is some old rich white guy racism going on at NHL head office regarding why the Thrashers failed in a city that is 50% african american. They didn't put the team close enough to the white people I guess.

This has the same stink as the Coyotes.

Reactions: CH1
I don't get the appeal of it at all.

I almost missed my return flight back on the first trip, and I swear I felt tears swelling up. The door to the gate was closed so I thought I was dead, but the flight attendant must have seen how distressed I was and decided to let me on. Bless her heart. I think it's the biggest airport in the US, you have to actually take a subway after you clear security to get to the gate, and then the Delta gate was the very last gate on the stop, like a mile of running to get to it. I would've probably issued a bomb threat if they made me go back and return the next day.

Back