• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Men like to gatekeep sports and pretend that they're genetically predisposed to being better sports broadcasters than women. Let him have it, HL. Go easy on him. Dave Poulin, Ron Maclean and Jamal Mayers are for sure more electric and knowledgeable than Jackie Redmond and Jennifer Botteril, yeah.
It's pretty funny because I've gone to bat for so many females in the workforce. Statistically likely more than anyone here.
I simply pointed-out I DO see a certain number of 'Hot" females seeking followers for financial gain. And Jackie Redmond kind of sucks.

It's pretty funny because I've gone to bat for so many females in the workforce. Statistically likely more than anyone here.
I simply pointed-out I DO see a certain number of 'Hot" females seeking followers for financial gain. And Jackie Redmond kind of sucks.
Isn't she just more of a host than an analyst? She's attractive, got a degree in broadcasting and obviously has the base sports knowledge required for the job - she's not out there breaking down powerplays on national TV. Why are we surprised that she got a gig?

And I see waaaaaaay more males in the sports world shilling for financial gain btw. You're just not paying attention to them. I get that's in IN to be bash political correctness but this isn't even about being politically correct tbh. You just see smart women sports analysts and fun women sports hosts on TV and it makes you uncomfortable. You crave Ron Maclean reciting poems from 1932 and Sam Cosentino struggling to string a sentence together and throw a brick at the TV when you see a woman say smart things, smile and show personality. Although Cassie Campbell is a shit analyst so shit women exist too!

It is a double standard. Men sportscasters that suck are just idiots, but Jackie Redmond is a pretend puck bunny, thirst trap? Why can't women just be idiots that love sports too? No one questions whether Mirtle or Jonas actually like hockey.

Mirtle is too sexually attracted to Kyle Dubas for him to not at least like hockey a little bit by extension, agreed.

Isn't she just more of a host than an analyst? She's attractive, got a degree in broadcasting and obviously has the base sports knowledge required for the job - she's not out there breaking down powerplays on national TV. Why are we surprised that she got a gig?

And I see waaaaaaay more males in the sports world shilling for financial gain btw. You're just not paying attention to them. I get that's in IN to be bash political correctness but this isn't even about being politically correct tbh. You just see smart women sports analysts and fun women sports hosts on TV and it makes you uncomfortable. You crave Ron Maclean reciting poems from 1932 and Sam Cosentino struggling to string a sentence together and throw a brick at the TV when you see a woman say smart things, smile and show personality. Although Cassie Campbell is a shit analyst so shit women exist too!

yeah, she's never presented herself as an NHL analyst really. she's a tv host/presenter. this is one reason the take is pretty dumb.

See though we are focusing on my Jackie Redmond comments and not the entire thoughts that I have given. I have been very complimentary of females here and want more in the industry.
I do note though a really gay-looking woman can't be on tv it seems.
The initial comments by that dumb guy on Twitter I knocked, but had to be honest, I do see women on there he is referencing.
I juts happen to think Jackie isn't that good and was maybe helped a bit by her attractiveness. Good on her though. I got a hair transplant to look hotter, so who am I to judge? ( and maybe it worked, did I ever tell you about that Door Dash girl....)

yeah, she's never presented herself as an NHL analyst really. she's a tv host/presenter. this is one reason the take is pretty dumb.
And can a presenter not look like her? I dunno.
And she actually does do WWE stuff (Yes laugh) that is more than presenting.

My comments are actually concerning how I want more women in the broadcasting AND I DON"T WANT them hired because of their looks. They are not 'Eye candy' for men. We are past that. Apparently this is edgy thoughts...

I bet you have a black friend too.

When you fuck up like this just order a round for the bar and drink.

Edna is simply calling for affirmative action and wants networks to go out of their way to hire ugly people. Seems a little too woke/politically correct for me.
I've stayed constant on this. I have met many butch women who are amazing and know so much about sports who I think need to be on tv. Some look kind of like Bob Mackenzie, so that's fine. Women are still judged on their looks more than men.

I've stayed constant on this. I have met many butch women who are amazing and know so much about sports who I think need to be on tv. Some look kind of like Bob Mackenzie, so that's fine. Women are still judged on their looks more than men.
Yeah, it took me awhile to come around to it and it seems like you're being overly politically correct and woke, despite your own accusations against the forum. I get it now. Thank you

Also maybe it's time to think about women pro athletes turned analysts don't look like Bob Mckenzie. Think long and hard about the pro athlete bit.

No definitely not men like me.
I am amazed the spin job on my comments.
I have done more for women in the workplace than anyone here.
I'm playing with you dude, I don't care if you're misogynistic or not.

But I will say the women are better than most of the men so far in telecasts and we were stuck with Dave Poulin. So they gave us Frankie Corrado.

I'd prefer Botterill.

And can a presenter not look like her? I dunno.
And she actually does do WWE stuff (Yes laugh) that is more than presenting.

My comments are actually concerning how I want more women in the broadcasting AND I DON"T WANT them hired because of their looks. They are not 'Eye candy' for men. We are past that. Apparently this is edgy thoughts...

i'm not sure why you keep implying that a woman being attractive or feminine in appearance precludes her from having valid hockey opinions. it's dumb.

Back