• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

i'm not sure why you keep implying that a woman being attractive or feminine in appearance precludes her from having valid hockey opinions. it's dumb.
Because ugly women won't be hired. Ugly men will. We know this.
And yes, you can be "Hot" and very knowledgeable. I never said you can't. not once.
I think I confused people by saying Jackie Redmond sucks and her hotness helped get her success. I didn't mean that applied to every hot woman on tv. Sorry for the confusion.

I mean, you keep saying we all see hot women pretending to like sports for follows. But you have no idea if they are pretending, you just assume they are.

You've also said multiple times that butch women know hockey better.

You keep making it about looks when the correct stance is "women can like sports, regardless of looks"

Actually it's just "women can like sports".

Because ugly women won't be hired. Ugly men will. We know this.
And yes, you can be "Hot" and very knowledgeable. I never said you can't. not once.
I think I confused people by saying Jackie Redmond sucks and her hotness helped get her success. I didn't mean that applied to every hot woman on tv. Sorry for the confusion.
you said that every woman on tv should look like the female version of gord miller... said to bring on the "real" sports experts and posted a picture of a masc female in plaid.

i dunno, i think the implication was fairly clear or maybe you have some communication issues.

The female version of Bob Mckenzie has never played professional hockey and would never be hired as a hockey analyst because women haven't broken into the trade rumor monger field in hockey (maybe they have in other sports? Not sure). But the women you see on TV breaking down powerplays are ex athletes. They are likely going to be somewhat attractive. Stop being so woke and accept it. Rosie O'Donnell is not going to be hired to break down the X and Os of any sport.

Last edited:
you said that every woman on tv should look like the female version of gord miller... said to bring on the "real" sports experts and posted a picture of a masc female in plaid.

i dunno, i think the implication was fairly clear or maybe you have some communication issues.
I'm doing a "Bit" obviously with the crew cuts and flannel shirts, but I do honestly believe that women cannot look like some of the men I unfortunately see on our tvs. Many of the most knowledgeable females won't get hired. I'd like to see that change.
I just find it weird somehow all of this is deemed offensive.

the solution to these unsolveable gender questions is to just hire Pat instead

Raubmf7.jpg

this thread should be renamed 'around the world' or something. been a doozy in 2024.

also, could at least update the year in the thread title

I'm doing a "Bit" obviously with the crew cuts and flannel shirts, but I do honestly believe that women cannot look like some of the men I unfortunately see on our tvs. Many of the most knowledgeable females won't get hired. I'd like to see that change.
I just find it weird somehow all of this is deemed offensive.
1704479216453.jpeg

TSN Habs reporter Kenzie Lalonde. Not ugly but not hot imo.

Also, ever consider these women don't want to look like men in the first place?

I know what you're trying to say here about the industry but you've got a lot of holes in your thesis.

Looks are important to getting any job on tv, but plays a far less important role in male hires than female hires.

It's blatantly unfair to women at large. I think that's Jack's point.

Looks are important to getting any job on tv, but plays a far less important role in male hires than female hires.

It's blatantly unfair to women at large. I think that's Jack's point.
Ya, I think we all get what he's saying. It's the part where he assumes the hot ones aren't as in to sports as the uglies that is the problem.

We don't have to tear down the hotties who made it to lift up the ugs.

Back