• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

This should’ve come with a vomit warning.

To get to the meat of the article, first I had to wade through several paragraphs of Mark Spector waxing poetic about how as Lou Gehrig was to Yankees fans, Draisaitl is to Oilers fans. And how his sexiness is in direct proportion to his incredible hockey skills.

To save the rest of you, I’ve parsed Draisaitl’s quotes out of Spector’s weird, horny, steaming turd of an article:

“I know the situation come July 1. But there's another side to it as well. You know, the Oilers have a say in this as well. Come July 1, at least. After that, it’s up to me.”

“At the end of the day, he's going to do what's best for him, and I'm going to have to do the same thing for me,” Draisaitl said, on the topic of somehow being a package deal with McDavid. “We've had a lot of success together, and we would like to have more success as a team, of course. I'm sure at some point, there's going to be some conversations.

“But at the end of the day, he's going to do what's best for him and I'm going to do what's best for me.”

“Of course, I want to finish the job. That's why I pour my heart, my emotions — my body language, sometimes — into it every day,” he said of playing for Edmonton. “That's the way I'm wired. I care a lot. Of course, I want to finish the job. And I want to finish it here.

“But there are lots of things that go into it. Lots of things that play a role in these situations. And at the end of the day, I'm going to give you the boring answer again: We'll see. “We'll see how it plays out.”

Back