• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I guess if you’re under the delusion that there’s a contender out there that’s going to play Sean Monahan on their 1st or 2nd line as well as their first power-play unit, I can see how you think his offensive production would go up.

But that’s just not going to happen. His power-play time will mostly disappear, and he still won’t be passing to star wingers on his new team’s 3rd line.
If you know so much why don't you fix the Leafs?

Too much stink on this case for any team to forgive and forget here. Thats a PR nightmare for the team and league
See this is the problem with the NHL and why they also fix games. The whole league is run like a mob family. Distractions, illusions and plausible deniability.

Now in bed with gambling heavily? Yeah that'll change. 🙄

Yep, no charges yet. Only difference here now is that the players and their families will be responsible for the cost of their representation and not Hockey Canada or an NHL team.

To be fair, a midseason january doldrums game in OT to decide an extra loser point is far too meaningfuk a situation to decide on a chintzy pick penalty.

I'd love to interview a dozen anonymous NHL refs to find out what they are directed to do, and the pressures they feel within a game to call, or not call a penalty.

I have a bud that did plenty of professional reffing in the 80s/90s and his stories were mainly about collecting his paycheque without creating too much fuss on the ice. Now NHL refs are a little more professional than that, but their own personalities/motivations and their relationships with certain players/coaches all factor into how a game is called.

One thing to note is that the flames announced Dube's leave was to attend to his mental health.

Which is great if that's what it was for.

The Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens & Edmonton Oilers see your assertion and chuckle politely.

Let’s be honest.

The unspoken, overwhelming majority opinion of the NHL old boys club is probably that these are fine upstanding young men with bright futures ahead of them that are having their lives ruined by some dumb slut over some harmless fun.

Most teams will steer clear from these guys purely out of fear of the PR backlash, but yeah, some will definitely mouth platitudes about second chances and how much they’ve grown as people before signing them.

Back