• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Apparently he was a Kings fan. But he's also called himself a secret Leafs fan and said all southwestern Ontario guys secretly want to play for the Leafs.

So sure, bring him in. Do something. This season is painful.

Personally, I think those comments were almost entirely self-serving bullshit, and also partly a troll job.

Just another example of the classic move we see when a star player from southern Ontario is approaching free agency and looking to secure their last big long-term retirement contract from their current team.

Just float some BS about how you’ve always been a Leaf fan at heart and how fun it’d be to play at “home”, and most often you’re able to scare your current team into backing up the brinks truck.

Also really not a fan at all of the idea of picking up the ass-end of that contract now after he’s already given all of his best years to LA.

(whispers softly)

leave them be.

200w.gif

Oooh, interesting drama.

Do you hate Roy because of how he departed, rather than love him for the stuff he did before that?
Most things aren’t so black and white.

I loved cheering for him … while recognising that’s he’s not the most even keeled dude out there. One of the great Habs.

Not gonna hate him because he didn’t get along with a B level coach

Hope he does well with the Isles.

Back