• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Any person looking at this would assume we’re quite a rough and tumble team and not the team with the 7th fewest minors, the 8th fewest majors and only 2 match penalties in 7 years.
That Spezza suspension looks crazy with the Gallagher incident. It was Spezza's first infraction after over 1200 games. And Matthews In-hearing meeting was scheduled in about 5 minutes when he cross checked Dahlin.
Leafs must have played so many playoff games with these playoff suspensions.

Yeah I don't understand Gallagher getting no more than 5 games. That was a vicious elbow. Reminded me of Domi on Niedermayer (tbf, the Domi one was more premeditated).
I looked that one up earlier because I thought the same thing. It was 1 playoff game, 8 regular season

Yep, and that's back when the league turned a blind eye to Stevens literally decapitating players.

OK, not literally. The head stays on the shoulders while the brain turns to mush.

Makes me so happy that Stevens’ career ended due to post-concussion syndrome.

I hope that piece of shit still wakes up with headaches every morning.

like he had to fully extend to get him in the head cause of how short he is lol. seemed pretty clear cut to me...
Here's the thing, that's really not like Gallagher, he molests goalies not forwards or D. Very out of character so I'm sure ex-Hab Parros will give him 2-3 games. Should be more. 5 minimum.

Here's the thing, that's really not like Gallagher, he molests goalies not forwards or D. Very out of character so I'm sure ex-Hab Parros will give him 2-3 games. Should be more. 5 minimum.
I take no issues with you saying this is out of character for Gally. but still a pretty egregious elbow to the head. anyways, bet he gets a game or two.

LGM is a cold-blooded killer.

I still just have such a visceral hate for Stevens.

Even in the 90’s and early 00’s, when we didn’t know nearly as much about the permanent damage caused by concussions and head injuries, it still drove me nuts the way this guy went out of his way deliberately targeting guys’ heads with massive blind-side hits. Could never respect that.

I still just have such a visceral hate for Stevens.

Even in the 90’s and early 00’s, when we didn’t know nearly as much about the permanent damage caused by concussions and head injuries, it still drove me nuts the way this guy went out of his way deliberately targeting guys’ heads with massive blind-side hits. Could never respect that.
I hate him too, especially for what he did to Lindros, who was one of my favorites. I think I had him in a hockey pool when he did that to him, so I was extra incensed.

Back