• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I still just have such a visceral hate for Stevens.

Even in the 90’s and early 00’s, when we didn’t know nearly as much about the permanent damage caused by concussions and head injuries, it still drove me nuts the way this guy went out of his way deliberately targeting guys’ heads with massive blind-side hits. Could never respect that.
worse, scouts on every team are drooling to find "the next Scott Stevens"

Jesus Christ:

D.C. police are investigating an allegation by a 17-year-old girl that four members of the Washington Capitals hockey team participated in raping and sodomizing her in a limousine in Georgetown early Saturday, according to police sources.

The four Capitals players being investigated are right wing Dino Ciccarelli, 30; left wing Geoff Courtnall, 27; and defensemen Neil Sheehy, 30, and Scott Stevens, 26, the police sources said. No charges have been filed against the players.

The incident began about 1 a.m., the girl said, when she was talking to a few players and Ciccarelli grabbed her by the arm and pulled her outside into an alley near the 3200 block of Prospect Street NW. Ciccarelli then forced the girl inside a limousine that was parked in the alley, she said.

One Caps player was in the limousine and the other two soon got in, the girl said. The four then participated in raping and sodomizing her, she told police.

They let her out of the limousine sometime after 2 a.m. She notified police about 5 a.m. and went to an area hospital, police sources said.

…I’d never even heard this one before. Girl was 17 years old when this happened too.

Fuck that guy.

Most of these charges don’t result in convictions, guilty or not unfortunately. I work in courts and see all the dismissed ones all day long and think I’d be pretty reluctant to report if the perpetrator had any notoriety.

I think the wife/sister in law thing was Brodeur though if memory serves

I still don't understand what would convince someone that they should sleep with a teammate's wife. but I'm also not sure I ever will

Might be retaliation against a teammate you hate. There's no better revenge than that, but then you know once it's discovered either you or that teammate are gone, so better be comfortable with your position on the team vis a vis the other guy, or be comfortable leaving.

Might be retaliation against a teammate you hate. There's no better revenge than that, but then you know once it's discovered either you or that teammate are gone, so better be comfortable with your position on the team vis a vis the other guy, or be comfortable leaving.

uh oh...frenemy on watch

At the time Roy>>

Frenemy would have no chance on his best day. But he's unhappily married for the last 10 years and has no interest in that sort of thing anymore.

At the time Roy>>
You mean in terms of standing on the team? I'd imagine at all times Roy was the big dog compared to Schneider.

Schneider always struck me as a bit of a weasel. I didn't even like him much as a Leaf. Kinda forgot about that altogether till just now.

Back