• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Oilers are looking like cup quality winners right now, almost feels like it would be weird if they lost another one the rest of the way.

They're fucking killing it, and it better stop soon.

Peaked too soon.

But they are playing the type of hockey I want us to play.

Burn the fucking boats, score all the goals. Defence is for bitches.
Yup, that was the stance I took in the offseason. That’s why I was okay with the Klingberg signing. Go all offense. That’s basically the structure of our team with the players we have, so don’t fight it, just run with it. But of course they won’t.

Peaked too soon.

But they are playing the type of hockey I want us to play.

Burn the fucking boats, score all the goals. Defence is for bitches.

they've given up 17 goals in their last 14 games. Skinner's rocking close to a .970 over that stretch.

This market reveals who a coach really is within 18 months. Babcock a sociopath, Keefe a risk averse surly bitch, Randy a complete bumblefuck hick, Wilson an entirely unlikeable crusty asshole. Pat Quinn, the type of guy you pick to be stuck in a foxhole with, etc.
And Shanahan?

This market reveals who a coach really is within 18 months. Babcock a sociopath, Keefe a risk averse surly bitch, Randy a complete bumblefuck hick, Wilson an entirely unlikeable crusty asshole. Pat Quinn, the type of guy you pick to be stuck in a foxhole with, etc.
I might've told this story before but if so, its worth repeating....

Back when Quinn was essentially close to passing, he *STILL* took the time to visit a former player in the hospital (but gave specific instructions for that player *NOT* to be told just how bad in terms of health Quinn was). When Keenan was coaching the Canucks, Keenan was bad mouthing the former Canuck head coach Quinn in the locker room (for whatever reason); Gino Odjick just took a punch at a locker & told Keenan the next time he heard him say something bad about Quinn, that would him. He said Keenan could call *him* every name in the book but the line in the sand was Quinn to him. He inspired that kind of loyalty.

And Shanahan?

Honestly don't hate him. Top exec's job is to decide course and culture, and manage top level hiring. Under his watch we did a successful tank, hired whoever we wanted for whatever job we had available, built the biggest analytics department in the league, when big on DEI, etc, etc.

Yeah, eventually we need results or he can fuck off too, but organizationally we've done just about everything I would ask a President to do.

Back