• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

So wait. Isn't Chelios' daughter a sportscaster in Chicago? If that's it that's pretty weak to me. She's 30.

Yeah I deleted bc it’s all pretty shaky info. Feel like they could have been a bit more transparent about everything and it would have prevented some of the mom shit.

Why is it a secret?
If this is the path that the incident went down then maybe Chris acted like a little bitch boy and they kept it quiet? Logically speaking you would think that it is an embarrassment to someone in the organization and not Perry, who probably doesn't get embarrassed much anyway.

Thanks Zeke

Made a killing betting against those silly Bedard momma rumours

I hate him too, especially for what he did to Lindros, who was one of my favorites. I think I had him in a hockey pool when he did that to him, so I was extra incensed.
If it hadn't been Stevens that nailed Lindros it would have been someone else. Lindros never learned to keep his head up.

worse, scouts on every team are drooling to find "the next Scott Stevens"
Yeah, because the stuff that players get suspensions for today are the things that used to get them pay raises and bonuses back in the days when NHL hockey was played by men instead of the pantywaist metros we have today.

People need to stop pretending that they don't like violence. It's the literal reason why we watch sports like hockey and football, and precisely why soccer will never mean anything to North American sports fans.

Hockey was better with head shots and fighting. Football was better when clothesline tackles were allowed and QB's were hunted like animals by D linemen and linebackers. Baseball was better with hard, spikes high slides into the bases, and basketball was better when teams like rhe Pistons and Celtics turned games into brawls. Fans loved it.

If we're going to pay these guys tens of millions to play, they need to damn well bleed for our entertainment.

Back