• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Has a 20 year old highly rated prospect that can't crack the NHL ever been traded? What was the cost? Do we have any priors? I honestly didn't realize he was so highly touted.
6th overall pick in 2022 with star potential. No idea how you've never heard of him, but he just turned 20 a couple of months ago and Mr. "can't crack the NHL" has already played 40 NHL games.

6th overall pick in 2022 with star potential. No idea how you've never heard of him, but he just turned 20 a couple of months ago and Mr. "can't crack the NHL" has already played 40 NHL games.
Well the reason he's upset is because he can't crack the NHL right now. He tried, played some games but is currently in the AHL. That wasn't a shot at him, he's just 20.

So what does he go for? Since a package of prospects isn't enough does he go for an established star player? Chychrun + picks + other elite prospects?

?

We are discussing it.

I just don't see any reason why a rebuilding team would or should consider trading their 20 year old future stud top prospect.
And that's fair and we're all aware that's probably the case. But people provided packages of what they'd offer for him and you shot it down angrily without providing hypothetical alternatives and shutting the door on the idea entirely. That's the discussion bit and often the fun part of discussion forums!

If he was some uber stud, one of the shittiest teams would have him in their lineup right now, I would imagine.
Based on the twitters it seems that he's a very aggressive player that is extremely mistake-prone and Columbus wants to get that aggression and risk-taking out of him. Seems like dumb development but maybe he's a bit of a bitch too. They want him to play safer, and he disagrees.

Back