• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

same reason flyers traded Gauthier.
I mean Gauthier demanded a trade, said he wouldn't play in Philly, and refused to even meet with the Philly GM.

Jiricek lashed out because he's frustrated at getting sent down to the minors in his rookie year.

Not comparable at all imo.

I mean Gauthier demanded a trade, said he wouldn't play in Philly, and refused to even meet with the Philly GM.

Jiricek lashed out because he's frustrated at getting sent down to the minors in his rookie year.

disgruntled is disgruntled.

You also gotta realize they're yo-yoing him for cap reasons too. They don't care if he whines where that is concerned.

Pietrangelo was a pretty established elite #1/2 by his age fwiw.
fair point, but he's still a good comparable.

“A guy that you would have drafted last year if you could,” one Eastern Conference amateur scout told The Athletic. “Nemec is probably going to be more of a point-producer, offensive player in the NHL, but Jiricek is a guy who will give you some pop and play for a long time in the league.

“You look at him and just know that’s a big-minute guy, the type of guy coaches really come to rely upon.”

Kindl thinks Ekblad is a good comparison. Jiricek’s North American agent, Allan Walsh, sees a young Shea Weber. Other NHL scouts see an all-around game that reminds them of a young Alex Pietrangelo but with a bit more snarl.

fair point, but he's still a good comparable.

“A guy that you would have drafted last year if you could,” one Eastern Conference amateur scout told The Athletic. “Nemec is probably going to be more of a point-producer, offensive player in the NHL, but Jiricek is a guy who will give you some pop and play for a long time in the league.

“You look at him and just know that’s a big-minute guy, the type of guy coaches really come to rely upon.”

Kindl thinks Ekblad is a good comparison. Jiricek’s North American agent, Allan Walsh, sees a young Shea Weber. Other NHL scouts see an all-around game that reminds them of a young Alex Pietrangelo but with a bit more snarl.
But they're not gonna have prime Ekblad or Weber value until they actually reach that potential. If they do decide to trade him (which I agree is unlikely) then he wouldn't get that value. You know that, right? You'd be trading a player that so far hasn't established himself in the NHL. Rightly or wrongly, you can't get full value out of that. Hence the reason the folks here would want him. It may be a risk in case he doesn't reach his potential, but his cost will never be the equivalent of a prime established #1 d. That's not how prospect trades work.

yes I know that Presto. Which is exactly why I am saying they would be fools to trade him right now.
Ok good. So the packages presented here today, based under the assumption of a Gauthier-like thing playing out (however unlikely you may believe it is), have been more than fair. Glad we sorted that out.

Back