• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Ok good. So the packages presented here today, based under the assumption of a Gauthier-like thing playing out (however unlikely you may believe it is), have been more than fair. Glad we sorted that out.
other than the fact that they're nowhere close to fair value, sure.

young top-5 picks never get traded.

B.Wheeler
J.Johnson
E.Johnson
P.Kessel
L.Schenn
J.VanRiemsdyk
B.Schenn
K.Turris
T.Seguin
G.Reinhart
J.Drouin
N.Hanifin
D.Strome
K.Dach
J.Drysdale
C.Gauthier

young top-5 picks never get traded.

B.Wheeler
J.Johnson
E.Johnson
P.Kessel
L.Schenn
J.VanRiemsdyk
B.Schenn
K.Turris
T.Seguin
G.Reinhart
J.Drouin
N.Hanifin
D.Strome
K.Dach
J.Drysdale
C.Gauthier
Reinhart will never not make me laugh.

Draft plus 2. He played 9 NHL games when he was the same age.

Draft plus 3.The point would be to get him now and hope he goes full pietro next year.
Oh yeah true. So the team that trades for him takes on the risk that he lives up to his potential. Because at this point you're trading for an "idea" and not an actual stud player. Yet. Axl hasn't figured the part out that you have to price in some risk in the player not realizing his potential and that is why you won't get full Pietrangelo value if you're forced into the position of trading him.

But that's also the reason it's such an enticing idea. Leafs should be taking a risk like that and rely on their scouting/nerdies to evaluate whether he'll become a legit thing. Because now is the time you can get him for less than full #1 super elite d value.

And on the other end of it, if he's still on the outside looking in on Columbus this time next year and the year after that, his trade value only falls. So if the Jackets aren't believers, there's a world where they may believe that trading him now is their best bet to maximize their return. Unlikely maybe, but probabilities are never 0, folks.

This would do it I think. An NHL ready top 9 with a grade A prospect and a first. I think it's an overpayment but it would likely do it.
Big time. Knies is obviously the overpay. Add some other guys, like Timmins, Niemela, Voit, whoever. Quantity over quality. And Minten and a 1st are already quality.

I don't get how Sam Reinhart's career high before this year was 33 goals, and now he's got 37 in the first half of the season.

Sam is only 28 years old. I bet you weren't such a great lawyer at that age.

maybe there's more accurate stats for judging a player's quality other than raw single season scoring totals.

Reactions: CH1
Back